#26 WAS IT MY MISTAKE?

*Flashback* (Continued)

Angel's POV

I was struggling hard to open my eyelids. I could sense the nauseatic smell of medicines around me. I couldn't move my body since I felt like some tons of weight placed over me.

The pain I was going through was unbearable. When I came back to my senses, it has already been two days. I was admitted in the hospital by the police with the help of the information given by some passersby.

The police informed my parents from my mobile phone. When my parents were allowed to see me in the intensive care unit, they looked terrible by crying the past two days.

My mom and my sister ran to me and hugged me tightly and started sobbing again. My dad was standing a few feet away from me since he couldn't digest my condition. I was lying on the bed like a torn cloth.

Tears failed to rush out of my eyes because I was still in the state of shock

Tears failed to rush out of my eyes because I was still in the state of shock. In a single night, my whole life changed topsy turvy. My brain was frozen and my mind has gone numb. I was cursing God for doing that to me.

It took a month for me to get discharged from the hospital. When I was in the hospital, as soon as I came to my senses, the police got there to investigate about the incident.

Even after two days, and even though I have seen one of those evil morons face and the registration number of the car for a second, I remembered that clearly. I spit out everything to the police. I wanted those creeps to be hanged.

The police traced the owner of the car and arrested that guy. And I heard that he was the only son of a minister who has a rich political background. So the news about that guy was never revealed to the public.

The guy was denying the complaint against him. So the court ordered him to undergo the medical tests to examine him to find out the biological evidences. Since I was hospitalized in a critical condition, I couldn't appear on the court during the hearing.

So the police showed me the guy's photo and got a confirmation from me. I was hundred percent sure about that loser and I would not go wrong in identifying him. But the medical tests proved him to be genuine and the court released him as innocent.

Even the law and order was in the hands of the rich. We were not rich and we didn't know anyone who has a political influence to proceed the case. The police didn't care about investigating my case, instead they were keen on closing it. Money played!!

The criminals were roaming freely without a problem but it was me who faced all sorts of problem. I was not a weak one. I was strong minded from birth. So I was fighting hard to get back to my life.

Before I reach home from the hospital, the news about the incident reached everyone in my neighborhood. Actually the news fly and the gossips also fly along with them.