Chapter Forty- Five

Daniella

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Michael shouts at me as soon as we are far enough away from the club to not hear the music blasting inside. "Please help me try to understand why on earth you would let that man, or any man, take you out for drinks!"

"I did it for you." I reply honestly. The only thing on my mind was getting him out of there. He did not deserve to be locked up in that room any longer. I did what I had to do to fix the situation and get him out.

He did so much to save me- even sitting in jail for more than a few hours in order to keep me from having to relive that night. It is my turn to save him. And that is exactly what I did.

"You went on a date with a terrible, horrible, bad man for me?! How does that add up Daniella?!" He throws his hands in the air. "You could have gotten kidnapped or worse or something Daniella! Do you understand that?!" He shouts.

"He said he would let you go if I got one drink with him. And he did. He kept his promise because here you are. And for the record, that was so not a date." I scoff as I explain my side to him so he can understand.

He is beyond pissed at me right now. I can see the anger in his eyes. Not to mention all over his face and radiating from through his body.

But he has no right to be mad at me. I have sacrificed so much already to make him look good. How could he possibly be mad at me for making even more sacrifices to make him happy? To get him out of jail?

But yet he is angry.

"That was totally a date, Daniella!" He screams. "He was abusing his power to manipulate you! If you had one more drink in there, you would have gone home with him!" Michael's face turns red as his anger builds. "He was going to take advantage of you!"

I shake my head. He just doesn't get it, does he?

"I had one sip. I am not that stupid, Michael. Do you know how many times I had to go out with a client after a shoot because my boss said it was good for business? She would dress me up in even tighter clothing than I was wearing for the shoot and she would send me out with whatever man was going to pay to have a drink with me. All those times I had to avoid being drugged and kidnapped? That was nothing. I knew exactly what I was doing in there!" I point back to the club.

There were plenty of glasses on that table that I could have smashed over his head. One way or another, I was leaving. Michael just happened to come inside before I was able to make a move and get myself away from the situation.

"You are right, Daniella. I'm sorry for yelling at you. But, don't ever do anything like that again for me. I can handle myself. How am I supposed to take care of you if I don't know what strange man you are out drinking with or where he took you?" He asks.

I nod. "I won't." I snake my arms around his stomach and hug him tightly, missing the smell of him. I've missed everything about him actually.

"I love you, Dani." He whispers as he plays with my hair.