Chapter Seventy- Six

Daniella

Michael walks over and grabs my hand. "Dani, let's leave. I want to go sleep with you in my arms. I'm tired. Please!" He pleads with me, squeezing my hand in between both of his to make his point even more.

I shake my head. "Later. But right now, I am having fun. We all are. Enjoy yourself." I place my hand on his chest softly and smile.

"But it's dark now." He tries to continue getting out of the situation.

I pause to think. I can tell he doesn't want to be here anymore. "Let's go out to eat then!" I suggest.

"Yeah, I quite like that idea." Calum grabs his stomach. "I could use some food in me."

"Okay fine." Michael sighs.

He grabs my hand as we all begin walking back to the car.

The six of us stand by the car and try to figure out where we should go out to eat.

"We could go to Benny's?" Ashton suggests.

"I'm not really in the mood for that kind of food right now." Luke shakes his head at the idea. "How about pizza?" He asks.

The lack of excitement in the group tells me no one wants pizza. No one is in the mood for pizza or burgers and fries, apparently.

Michael groans. This is pissing him off.

"Can you guys just pick something already?!" Michael asks the group, raising his voice above the calm tone he has kept all day. 

"Okay um," Zoe speaks up. "How about we just drive back towards the house and pick something up on the way back?" She suggests.

"Yeah!" Calum agrees.

"Sure," Ashton nods.

"Sounds good to me." Luke pats his stomach.

"Finally." Michael mumbles to myself.

The six of us file in to the car once again, Ashton in the drivers seat. He pulls out of the parking lot and begins the drive home.

******

The six of us sit at a round table in the dimly lit restaurant. We all settled for Italian food, simple.

"We really should do that kind of thing more often." Luke says before shoving a big spoonful of pasta in to his mouth.

Everyone murmurs in agreement. Everyone except Michael. He has not spoken one word since the car ride. Something is up with him. I will have to ask him later when we are home.

"I really like all you guys but we never get to just go out and live." Calum adds to Luke's statement. "Every time we go out its for a purpose."

"Yeah, it's always about the cameras." Ashton adds. "But it's nice to not have to worry about looking good for once." He raises a glass. "To being on the path to recovery as a group."

Everyone raises their glasses of various liquids and clinks them together. Everyone but Michael, who hasn't even looked up from his plate. I don't even think he has even taken a bite of food.

I sigh and place my drink back on the table after taking a sip. I turn towards Michael. "You look bored. What's wrong?" I ask, not wanting to wait until we are alone to see what the matter is.

I grab his hand and place it over my knee, my hands on top of his hand.

Michael smiles a little. I can tell he is fighting to keep his smile hidden. "Can we go home?" He asks.

"Soon." I whisper as I plant a kiss on his cheek. "I promise." Michael nods and begins twirling his food on to his fork again. This time, shoving a bit of pasta in to his mouth.

He is eating. Good.

I smile as I watch him eat and begin to engage in the conversations everyone is having.

I have fallen in love with this man and every single piece of his broken soul. He is a part of mine and I am a part of his. I feel as if we are as close as we have ever been. This is a good place for us to be. I am happy. We are happy.

Michael places his hand back on my knee. I smile as he squeezes it lightly. He slowly inches his hand up, his fingers digging in to the skin on my thigh playfully as he moves. He continues squeezing, knocking me off my thought process as I try to have a conversation.

"Oh!" I squeal and cover my mouth as I jump out of my seat a little. Michael removes his hand and laughs as he takes a sip of his drink.

Everyone stops talking to look at me. Luke's eyes shoot towards me with a concerned look on his face as he mouths 'you okay?'  I nod and take a sip of my drink, glaring at Michael.

"Not here." I grab Michael's hand and warn him as his fingers wander back up my thigh.

Michael smirks. "I can't wait until I get you home." He grabs my hand and places it on his lap.

"Oh" I whisper, smirking back. "You'll have to wait a little longer."

"I want to take you home now." He groans in my ear.

I look down at my lap as my face begins to blush at his comments.

I remove my hand from his lap as flashes come in through the slightly tinted windows.

Paparazzi.

I overhear someone asking if it is storming outside. I wish the flashes were the result of a beautiful natural event. But no, they are here to ruin our nice day out of the spotlight.

Everyone at the table is annoyed but they all know that this kind of attention comes with their job so they can't be too mad at them. They are just doing their jobs too.

"Let's get out of here." Michael suggests to the group.

"I'll talk to someone and see if they can get out out the back way." Luke stands to find someone in charge.