Chapter Twenty-Seven

Daniella

"Can I be honest with you? Please? I just have something I need to get off my chest." I ask, wrapped up in Michael's arms on the bed.

His arms are so ginormous, they can almost wrap around my body twice. His body pressed against mine is probably one of the most comforting things I have ever been able to feel over the course of my entire lifetime.

"Of course you can. Unless it is mean or sarcastic, because my little heart is not strong enough to take any of that sass of yours right now." Michael jokes.

A half-hearted laugh forces it way out of my mouth. He might hate me after I say what I am going to say. But if I don't tell him, and he finds out later, he will be even more angry with me. I have to say it before it eats me alive, from the inside, out.

"I am scared." I admit, regretting the fact that I have to tell him this.

"Of what?" He asks, not fully prepared for what I am going to say. I can tell.

"Of you,"

"Daniella," Michel sighs.

"You are this big scary guy with a billion tattoos and a ton of really creepy looking piercings. I am just barely five feet tall and just got my ears pierced not too long ago. And I cried when the needle went in my ear. You tower, like, a whole foot and a half over me. It's scary. It really is. And I am scared of what you might do, and are capable of doing, if I make you angry." I ramble, mostly to myself as I grow self conscious about telling him my fears.

"Daniella," Michael sighs, lifting himself up off the bed and positioning himself so that he can look at me. "I would never - I could never hurt you. No matter what happens, I would never. I care about you. More than you can understand." He explains himself.

"Well, that scares me too. You see, I have never really had a boyfriend before. I mean, I have dated here and there but it never worked out. And I am scared you will expect something of me that I am not ready for yet." I close my eyes, hoping he will not yell at me. I really do not think I would be able to handle it if he snapped at me right now.

"Daniella, I care about you." Michael softens his voice to just above a whisper

"Yeah," I sigh and turn myself around to look at him. "And so did they. I do not want something, a relationship to be exact, that is going to be the same as all the others."

"I am not them, Daniella. I am taking you go an award show. Not to go meet other celebrities or to be on tv. Not because you are helping the world's image of me but because my image of the world is better when you are in it."

Tears flood my eyes.

Does he really mean it? Am I this special girl that is going to get him to settle down and act like the adult he is? Am I really the answer to his problems?

I really do not want to get involved with him. I know he is bad for me. I know this will end in burning flames. But I can not seem to stop myself from falling for his cheeky smile each time he flashes it after a quick snide remark under his hot breath.

"Don't cry, my love." He squeezes me gently and kisses my cheek softly. "Get some sleep. I am going to be right here the whole time."

AN: Really short chapter. I'm sorry. But thank you so much for reading!!!