Chapter Fifty

Daniella

The soft tone of Michael's voice causes me to smile as I roll over on to my stomach. I open my eyes and allow them to adjust to the dark room before looking for him.

He is not in the room yet I can hear him speaking. And who is he talking to?

I sit up and rub my eyes. How long was I asleep on this couch?

I take a deep breath and stand, taking a moment to steady myself before walking to find the source of Michael's voice.

I walk in to the dark kitchen and stand behind him as he sits on a chair at the table and place my hands on his shoulders to massage them. His muscles are so tense. I wonder who he is talking to. Why doesn't he have a light on or something. Not even a lamp in the corner was turned on.

"Yeah- yeah I will see what I can do. If I can even get a flight. It's really close to an event I have to go to. It's just really bad timing. I'll see what I can do though. Thank you." Michael hangs up the phone and sets it down on the table in front of him. The screen glows, lighting up his sad face.

I lean down and kiss the side of his head delicately, hoping my presence near him can help him calm down, even just a little bit. I don't want him to be this riled up. It is not good for his health.

"Who was that?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his neck and shoulders, squeezing him tight.

"The police." He answers.

I stand up, shocked. What do they want with him now?

"What did they want this time?" I place my hands on his shoulders again, ready to take in the bad news. "Your shoulders are so tense."

"My- it's my step-father." He sighs and places his face in the palms of his hands.

"W-what about him Michael?" I ask, fearful of the answer.

Michael's family is a sore subject for him to talk about. Especially how they were brutally murdered and his step-father's role in their violent deaths. This can not be easy for him, whatever it is.

"He is in their custody."

"They found him?" I ask. That is incredible news. After all these years he can finally relax and start to deconstruct the wall he put up to protect himself. He is safe now. His family can finally rest.

Michael nods in response. He is unable to speak. His lip starts to shake as he fights back tears in his eyes.

"Oh Michael." I walk around the chair and sit sideways on his lap. "Don't cry." I wipe a tear from his face. "This is a good thing. It means your suffering is over. Your mother and sisters can rest peacefully now. They are happy now."

Michael shakes his head. "They are still gone."

I smile and shake my head softly. "No they aren't Michael. They are with you, always. In here-" I point to his heart. "They will never really be gone."

Michael smiles softly and places his hand over mine on his chest before kissing me. He pulls roughly on my lower lip with his teeth as his motions become more and more violent with me.

"Ow-" I pull away and place my hand over my mouth, smirking a little as I see the lust grow on Michael's face.

"Let's grab a drink." Michael suggests.

"You want me to grab you a beer from the fridge?" I ask. "No problem." He pulls me back on to him before I am able to stand up fully.

Michael shakes his head. "No." He says, lifting me off of him. "Let's go out." Looking at me, he smirks. "But first, we need to change in to something more appropriate."