~ F-O-U-R ~

~Sunday; 10th of November 2019~

~ P-A-T-R-I-C-K ~

I layed in bed thinking about the small but dramatic change that has occurred. From being on my own for most of my life, to suddenly having a friend from the rink, and possibly another that's been my neighbor for going on two years now.

That Pete kid was one of my aunt's students. I remember her talking about him all the time. Really sweet, helpful, and on my opinion, really good looking. Like, really good looking.

But after knowing and learning who he is, he probably struts around with a cheerleader or two clinging to him. Dang schools and their popularity scales. Can't have the big shot gay now! What terrible reputation!

I groaned and dropped my face into my pillow. Oh come on Patrick, you seriously can't be crushing on this guy already? Maybe it's just lust, or because I've never had a friend?

I heard my doorknob twist and door swing open so I quickly sat up. "Don't yell, I'm not asleep!" I said as it opened. "Oh." Who stood there was not Aunt Jenn, but a boy around my age. He had messily combed dark brown hair, and deep brown eyes behind black framed glasses. He wore converse, skinny jeans and a white sweater, a killer smirk to top it all off. I jumped up. "Sorry."

He laughed. "It's alright! Sleep is a precious thing, I know. Mrs. B- your aunt just chased me up here. Quite literally." He awkwardly stepped in and shut the door. His smile faded as he watched my face for a while. I tried to pretend to not notice, but then turned my head and met his gaze.

I grew awkward and shuffled on my feet, sliding my hands into my back pockets. He walked over and ran a hand slowly through my hair. I tensed, frozen with wide eyes. He stuck the same hand under my chin, lifting my head up and turning it to either side.

"What in bleeding hell are you doing, mate?" I questioned, pulling my head from his grip.

"Learning two things," he stepped back. "You're Patrick."

"Yeah?" I tilted my head to the side, raising an eyebrow and about to chase this freak from my room. Wait is he that kid that was staring in my windo-

He smirked. "You've met both of my best friends this week; Ryan and Pete."

I blinked and thought back. "Yes, yes I have." I flopped down onto my bed, more relaxed. "Ryan when he was stuck on the door, and Pete just yesterday, bringing me new laces." I picked my head up. "They talked about me?"

He nodded and grabbed my desk chair, sitting in it backwards. "Besides other details, they said you were a beyond amazing skater," he scooted the chair to my bedside. "I want to go skating with you sometime."

"Well," I propped myself up on an elbow. "Knowing that you live next door, I wouldn't mind that. Hey, what was that "second thing" you learned about me?"

He smirked, his brown eyes gaining a teasing sparkle. "You are gaaay."

My hand slipped and made me loose my balance, sending me onto the floor with a thud. I scrambled up and looked at him with wide eyes, chest tightening as I began to panic.

"N-No! I am bloody not!" My voice became thickly British. I held my hands in front of me a little, rubbing my thumbs together to ease my anxiety.

The other boy jolted back and looked at me with unhidden surprise all over his face. He slowly stood, becoming taller, though more eye level. "It was a joke. But the way you acted... oh my god." He broke into a toothy grin. "This is some of the best news ever."

I felt the back of my throat and my cheeks begin to burn. "What?"

"I was actually trying to see if you were legit from England or wherever, or if you were just faking some back story, but you really are Mrs. B's nephew by looks and culture. But I was joking around with the whole gay thing, and they way you panicked... you are?"

My hands paused and I hung my head, really trying to fight back tears. "Y-yeah," my voice was a mere whisper. "Nobody knows, except you now."

"Boys! Dinner!" Aunt Jenn called up the stairs, stopping our conversation.

I looked back up and went to leave the room, but the guy stopped me. I let out a squeak as he pulled me into a hug, sitting his chin on top of my head.

"I don't know you, and you don't know me. But let's be friends, okay? Tell me your problems and I'll help you get through them. You are my child now and I love you. Even if you're not human because you are too adorably precious for this world," he rubbed my back before breaking the hug and opening the door. "The names Brendon by the way."

And this is the beginning of my social life. These people I have ended up with are just pretty odd.