~ S-E-V-E-N-T-E-E-N ~

~Friday; 13th of December 2019~

~P-E-T-E~

I dropped my pencil down onto the desk and lazily turned my head to look at the clock by the classroom door. It was currently ten past two, which means about three minutes until the bell, and fifty minutes until I get to leave this place and hit the newly refinished rink with Brendon.

It's been a while since him and I have had some- his words, not mine- "bro time", so we planned to just hit around a puck and talk about who knows what. Like the good old days, before Brendon met Ryan, before classes grew a little more challenging, before Patrick ran into my life...

The bell rang, interrupting my thoughts. I slowly stood and shoved my now-weekend homework into my bag, heading towards my locker for a quick drop off of the history chunk-o-text. As per usual, Brendon met with me by my locker. His eyes lit up when our gazes caught and a grin spread across his face.

I slowed my walk and eventually stopped, using my free hand to absent-mindedly twist the lock combination. I gave Brendon a quick glance before opening it and shoving the history text book within the others, slamming my locker closed. When I did so, I had to pause everything and raise an eyebrow.

"Brendon, what the hell are you doing?"

He had one elbow leaning against the lockers, head on his hand. His body was jutted out with his other hand on his hip, lips pursed as he looked at me with wide eyes. "Being three sexy five you~" he turned and began to strut off down the hall earning weird glances.

His ankle was doing better, though he was still told to be soft time to time. There were even a few instances where he would put on an ankle brace tighter than it should be, and pop a few pain killers just so he could get back on the ice. That being said, today was one of those instances.

I just shook my head and stared after him for a few moments before following to our English class. As soon as I entered the room, Mrs. Burch called me up front. I glanced at Brendon (who was laying across Andy's desk) and slowly made my way to her.

She grabbed my shoulder and pulled me down, keeping her voice low. "Did you know that Brendon and Ryan were gay?" She hissed. My nose twitched as I realised where this was going.

"Yes, I do know." I pulled away from her grasp. "But that doesn't make them any less of friends, classmates and teammates." She looked at me a little taken aback. "They're still as human as we are Mrs. B., and I'm pretty sure neither are hurting anyone." I turned and walked to my desk, next to Brendon's as everyday.

Brendon sat up and slid into his own desk, scooting it right next to mine and putting his head in his hands, staring at me. I slowly looked over at him and we held a mini staring contest. I blinked first and we both broke into grins. He let his arms fall and splayed out over both of our desktops, looking towards the front of the room.

Mrs. Burch just rolled her eyes at us before starting the lesson. "Alright class, Christmas is coming up in the next few weeks, so we're obviously going to be doing something a little more festive." A few kids let out groans. "I want creative writing pieces. Make it any form you please, but the only requirement is to write it about your loved one. Whether it be boyfriend or girlfriend," she threw a glare at Brendon. "Sibling, parent, any of the such, I expect it."

A kid slowly raised his hand from closer to the front of the classroom. Mrs. Burch nodded towards him and he lowered his hand, keeping a straight face. "If we're just completely narcissistic, can we write our love about ourselves?"

The class chuckled and Mrs. Burch sighed but let a small grin play her lips. "No, Spencer, it has to be a separate being."

Spencer stood up and turned to our back corner, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Did you hear that Brendon?" Brendon slowly sat up with one of the sassiest bitch faces ever. "You can't write about yourself!"