~ S-I-X-T-E-E-N ~ {II}

~ Thursday; 24th of December 2020 ~
~ B-R-E-N-D-O-N ~

The clock blinked and it was now three forty in the morning. I grinned and looked over at the tired but also happy Ryan in the passenger seat, as he stared at the front door of the house in front of us. I reached over and grabbed his hand as we waited for our cue.

"Beebo," Ryan whispered. "I don't know if I feel more excited or worried." I looked over at him, rubbing my thumb over his.

"It's okay, babe." He looked up at me. "I don't really know what I'm feeling either. Okay, maybe a bit sick in the head but that's not what we're talking about here." He cracked a smile. It wasn't a big smile, but it wasn't a small smirk either. Anyway, it was  beautiful, really. "Come here," I mumble and lean across the center console. He meets me halfway and our lips meet in a slow kiss.

He suddenly yanked away which caused me to bite my lip and yelp.

"Oh! I'm sorry! W-We can check your lip later," he voice was louder and panicky. "The lights on!"

My head snaps to look at the house, and by golly the front porch light was now on. "Let's go!"

We both jump out of the car and open the back two doors. Ryan takes the spare key and opens the trunk as I run up to the house. The front door opens and I'm greeted by my second mom.

"Thank you for all of your help, Dale," I smiled warmly, giving her a brief hug.

"It's one of the least things I could do, now hurry." She pushed me away and shooed me towards the living room, where Pete just happened to be passed out on the couch. What a coincidence!

I stretch out my arms and pop my neck before sliding me hands around Pete's body. It was tricky lifting him up without waking him, but the exhausted state he was in helped a lot. Pete mumbled something about "hitting the goal" before he slumped against my chest. I couldn't help but smile as I made my way back towards the front door.

I made it back onto the porch without dropping Pete and let out a small sigh of relief.

"Call me as soon as the plane lands," Dale kissed my cheek and then Pete's forehead before waving and closing the front door.

I hurried towards my car where Ryan was putting Pete's luggage into the trunk. Like the both of us, it was a suitcase and a single carry-on bag, as well as one vinyl bag in the back seat with Pete. It's contents? Took a hell of a time getting, and fixing up was an entire other novel.

I gently sat Pete down on the passenger side of the backseat. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around quickly. "The fuck you doin'?" He slurred, raising his shoulders to stretch his back and letting out a yawn.

"Uh, kidnapping you?" It came out more like a question and less like a statement.

"M'okay," he pulled on the seat belt. "Any clues on where we're goin', or why?"

"Nope," I popped the 'p' and closed his door. Ryan slammed the trunk shut. We exchanged quick glances before rushing to get back in the car. I took one look at the clock and so far, everything was going great.

I quickly pulled on my seat belt and threw the car into reverse, backing out of the driveway and heading towards the city.