Chapter 25: She's a woman.

Robert's POV

Having raided the hotel buffet and the bar, we stashed everything in a trolley and stayed at the Beatles's room. Being famous certainly gave you some privileges. It went along with the 'live fast, die young.' attitude and a born recklessness. I wondered if Maya was alright as I watched my friends gorge themselves with food. My worry for her was replaced by the confidence that she was always alright and I proceeded to join the feast. A feast of friends.

George's POV

The best thing about hotels was the endless variety of food. I couldn't even decide what to eat. Marianne handed me a plate piled with fruit and a chocolate pastry covered in white cream that she told me was crème anglaise. She was eating an almond croissant and filling up a cup with cognac.

Keith's POV

The best thing about hotels was the endless variety of drinks. Name one and you would have so many different variations, coming from other countries, with other flavors and longer maturation. I looked at Jimmy doing the absynthe ritual, hypnotized by every gesture. He took the glass and poured absynthe, the green fairy drink, into it: a faintly green and strong scented liquor. A square spoon with cross patterned holes was placed above and then a sugar cube. He then dripped distilled water on it until the sugar dissolved. I smiled and toasted with Jimmy.

Maya's POV

I began to read my new book as Paul showered, biting absentmindedly on a strand of my hair. I plunged into the story of Harry Haller, the men with the split soul, sharing half of it with none other than a Steppenwolf. I didn't notice that he had come back. Paul surprised me by lying down beside me and reading over my shoulder.

"Oh, I've read that. " he exclaimed excitedly and I nodded, concentrated. I began to feel his soft lips brush against my shoulder as he kissed it, trying to distract me. I tried hard not to smile as he moved on to my neck and breathed softly against my skin, making me shiver. Harry Haller's story blurred and became incomprehensible as I watched Paul from the corner of my eye. He went up to my ear, grazing my earlobe and whispered huskily into it.

"And if you saw my love, you'd love her too."

I closed the book, my attempts to concentrate becoming futile. Paul chuckled in triumph and tipped my head to the side so he could kiss me. He bit on my lower lip and I moaned softly. The phone rang, interrupting us and Paul groaned, letting me go after kissing me until he left me gasping.

"Hello?" I murmured breathlessly

"Get your arse down here, will you? You're missing out on quite a party"

"John?" I asked, my breathing regaining it's normal rhythm.

"Oh Maya, sorry, I thought it was Paul." he said, his tone softening.

"Are you coming any time soon?"

"Yes, I was about to shower."

"With Paul?" he said cockily

"Yes. What? No. Not at the same time, I." I said, embarrassed.

"J'ai compris, Maya. See you soon." he called, chuckling as he hung up. I set the phone down and Paul lifted his head from my book.

"John?"

"Yes. He says they're having a party and we shouldn't miss out." I began assembling my things to go shower.

"Where are you going?" he asked

"Shower." I responded, opening the door.

"Care if I join?" he said flirtatiously