Chapter 17: Within You Without You

John's POV

Mimi and Julia were arguing in front of me. They kept fighting, yelling insults at each other. Then, they would pace for a second and start again. It was a nightmare, I couldn't stand it but I coldn't turn it off either, when I closed my eyes I could hear their screams. I was trapped.

Jimmy's POV

The snake's eyes never left mine. Each movement I made, the snake mimicked. I wasn't scared though, the snake even had a familiar sense to it. As if it had been a pet of mine or something like that. The alarming moment was when it began to talk in a real voice, hissing the ''s'' in a very exagerated way.

Paul's POV

Where am I? You're on the floor, dear. Mother, I want a sandwich. Not now Norman.

''Paul?''

"Miss Crane?"

"What?" she answered, as she sat in front of me, her hair neatly pulled up into a bun

''Who's Miss Crane?'' she asked me

''It's you.''

''I'm not Miss Crane, I don't even know who she is.''

''Don't lie to me.''

''I'm not.''

''You are.'' I said with a chuckle

''Paul stop. You're scaring me.'' she suddenly cupped my face, staring into my eyes.

''and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." she said in a distant voice

"Nietzsche." I answered

"Paul?"

"Yes?"

"You're baked."

"What?"

"High." she said, letting out a giggle.

She poked my nose and I kissed hers.

She giggled again.

"It's you." she said

"Baby it's you?" I sung to her and she laughed again. My vision shifted and this time Maya was the one that seemed to loose consistency. I placed my hands on her cheeks, preventing her head from melting into the pile.

George's POV

''Do you want more tea, Maya?'' I asked her

''Please.'' she said, twitching and handing me a shattered teacup

''Perfect.'' I said, pouring earl grey into it.

''Thank you, Hatter.'' she thanked me, holding it and pouring it on her head. She smiled, crawling closer to me so she could pour the tea on us both. I smiled, being able to taste the bitter drink and I cupped her face, leaning in to give it a kiss.

Ringo's POV

''Polly, where are you Polly?'' I exclaimed, lifting up cushions, looking under chairs, listening to the ghostly laugh calling me from a different place every time.

John's POV

''John?'' Maya called, her voice seeming to mute Mimi's and Julia's .

''Yes?'' I said, happy that she'd made them shut up, turning round to face her. She had a dazed look on her face, her hair ruffled, her sweater placed the wrong way. 

''Are you real?'' I said, touching her forehead.

''I think so.'' she said '' Why?''

''Mimi and Julia are here.''

''Where?''

I pointed towards them, they weren't pacing anymore, they sat, cross legged in front of us, watching me.

''Come on John.'' she said, pulling me along with her, throwing a jacket on my shoulders and opening the door to a frigid landscape.

Jimmy's POV

I ripped the shoelaces out of the shoe, sending the snakes flying towards a window. I placed my head on the floor, the earthy smell of the floor making me drowsy. I closed my eyes. 

Robert's POV

''Strider, don't go.'' I yelled after him, hitting my head against the doorknob and feeling the bump arising on it. 

''Don't go.'' I pleaded

Paul's POV

Her head slipped, she melted and vanished. She'd never been there. Maya wasn't there. 

Alright. Confused, are you? No, I just feel as if everything were upside down. Good to know.

George's POV

As soon as I placed my lips on hers, I kissed the air. The teacups shattered unto the floor, the tea began to soak into the carpet, reality came back. She wasn't there. Or at least not anymore. I rubbed my eyes, tired of the confusion, not finding it fun anymore. I blinked, clearing my vision. I jumped to the nearest couch, lying down and facing upwards. The ceiling was the normal ceiling, the effects were wearing off. But I felt very drowsy, my eyelids heavy, and resisting the urge to fight it, I closed my eyes.

(( WOW okay merry christmas first of all, and a happy new year. I am really sorry about the delay. I've been busy and well out of ideas. Trippyness hasn't stopped yet, for those who are bothered by this, it will soon, I think. Whatever, thanks for following the story up until now. I love you all, i'm sorry again, happy holidays <3 ))