Chapter 30: The End

Maya's POV

After speaking to Linda for a few hours, explaining my situation, I left alone, Marianne wanting to catch up with an old friend. The walk back was longer, and I was so inmersed in my thoughts that I walked slowly. I had this strange epiphany since I had seen Linda. I couldn't determine it though . I knocked on the front gate, too lazy to jump over the fence in the back. I heard someone insert a key in the lock and then George emerged.

"Hello, hello Maya." he smiled and invited me in.

"Hello, hello George." I called back as he closed the door. I went inside. Suddenly, I was tackled to the ground by someone and I laughed in surprise.

"I'm sorry Maya. I didn't want to pressure you. You've even come here, to London, for me and I'm so sorry. " My laughter died away as he pleaded desperately. I looked up at him. His face was a mask of sorrow. I was about to reassure him when John's voice interrupted.

"Excuse me, but she came here for us. You're not the center of this world Paulie. " he scowled "Right, Maya?" he added, demanding ny consentment. Paul stood and George offered me his hand to lift me up. I ignored the question and hugged Paul wordlessly. He wrapped his arms tightly around me. We exchanged glances. A silent promise. I let him go

"John, don't worry, there's still some love for you too." I answered, smiling and going to hug him

"Good." he chuckled

"So tell us, where were you?" Ringo said from behind me

"Oh I found Marianne. And she took me to a friend of hers who's a photographer in a newspaper and she offered to convince the boss to give me the job" I resumed quickly.

"That's great Maya." George was the first to say. "I'm happy for you."

"Congratulations." Paul called, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.

"Let's celebrate." Ringo proposed and I grinned

"After rehearsal." John reminded.

"Right right. Let's start then."

George's POV

Something was odd between them. They'd obviously been in a fight and Maya was acting strange. However she still sat through our rehearsal, making comments through the various songs. She brought us food, sat on the floor and smoked as she watched us. Paul wouldn't take his eyes off her, looking afraid as if she were going to run away at any moment.

A few months later

Maya's POV

"Why are you so annoying?!" I shouted at him, throwing him the book I was holding.

"WHY DO YOU AVOID THINGS FOR MONTHS?" he shouted back, this time not backing down. He ducked, the book crashed against the wall.

"WHY DON'T YOU GIVE ME ANY SPACE?" I demanded

"BECAUSE YOU'LL RUN AWAY AS YOU ALWAYS DO. " he snapped. I threw another one of his books at him.

"THAT'S BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND YOU ANYMORE. NOT EVEN YOUR FRIENDS CAN STAND YOU." I shot back, knowing it'd hurt him. His face only soured though and his nostrils flared angrily as he was about to yell back.

The bell rang. We exchanged glances. Rage-filled glances, mind you. I went out of the house and opened the door. Linda was there, dressed elegantly, her camera hanging from her shoulder. I had forgotten that I had to meet her.

"ARE YOU RUNNING AWAY AGAIN?" Paul called after me and I gave out an exasperated sigh

"Bad timing?" Linda asked with amusement, I nodded darkly.