Epilogue

I would like to explain why I never wrote a sequel, and why I never will. Writing this was an enjoyment but also something that dragged me down. Consequently, I wanted to tear the story down, kill someone and end it all.

But, luckily for you, I didn't. 

Anyways, I regard now my story with some distance, and judge it very harshly. Which I believe would make the sequel awful.

The reason I'm writing this is because Zoe asked me to, and my friend Camila agreed. 

So, here it is. A small glimpse of what happened after they all parted ways.  

to remind you, that i choose to omit chronological details, or some characters (like all the beatles girls, for example)

please do remember that this is AU. I do not pride myself in being authentical because my imagination is too wild to do them justice.  

----------------------------------

January 27th 1969

Philip's stubble tickled her cheek as he kissed her goodbye. 

''Safe flight, darling.'' 

The news had come in the form of a letter. She certainly had not expected to find a creamy white envelope in her mailbox, inviting her to a ''clandestine'' wedding. Philip has seemed to know because he had smiled sheepishly when she had asked about it.

Eight handwritten words had made her gasp because the penmanship was recognizable. There was a box filled with letters somewhere in the house with the same calligraphy.

''We hope you can come.

Linda and Paul''

''What is this?'' she had demanded, handing it to him. His reponse had been a shrug and a small smile.

''You should go.''

It had taken her only a few hours to make up her mind. She'd spent the afternoon reminiscing in the library as she leafed through stacks of papers.

Contact with any of the Beatles had been lost since the previous year. Not even Linda had received news from her. Why were they inviting her now? And how come they knew her adress? 

''Did you have anything to do with this?'' she'd asked Philip

They'd been together for a year and he had accompanied her on her strange voyage over the world. Philip knew most of the things that mattered. And, when he had received a letter from Linda, he had seized the opportunity to reunite her with Maya.

''Do you want the lie or the truth?'' he'd answered with amusement.

''Are you going to come with me?'' she decided to ask

''No. I have to take care of the newspaper while you're away. And I do believe that you have to do this alone. They were your friends initially. Not mine. Do send Linda my love though.'' she had rolled her eyes at his response but had found it reasonable.

And now she was getting on the plane. Her hands clutched the armrests. It was rational to be nervous. Last time she'd seen them it had been by surprise. Oh how things had changed since.

She could already picture George telling her : ''Curtseying as you're falling through the air! Do you think you could manage it?''. He could brighten her day by only quoting Alice in Wonderland.

The flight would be long because she had moved to Canada. Maya missed the European advantage of being able to get anywhere in a matter of hours. Settling deeper into her seat, still squeezing the armrests as if her life depended on it, she fell asleep.