Chapter 15: Savoy Truffle

Robert's POV

Jimmy came back ashen faced to the table, mumbling something about crust pies not being ready.

"Jim Jam?" I called, using the nickname he hated the most. He looked really pale as he played with a napkin, folding it and unfolding it. Everyone in the table was watching him, all the different faces marked by curiosity.

Paul made his appearance, his hair slightly ruffled, the collar of his shirt wrinkled and wearing a grin he was attempting to hide.

"Maya says that you should go to the living room and that she'll bring tea." he said, making John and Ringo stand up, herding them towards the living room.

"Jim Jam?" I insisted

"Don't call me that, please." Jimmy said, standing up and leaving me sitting there alone.

Paul's POV

So about those rhinoceros... Still busy. You promised. How about, tomorrow morning? As long as you make me a plateful of drippy eggs and bacon. How can you eat though? You're me. Excuse me, who's the impersonating conscience here? Me. So i'll have none of that "you're me." Got it? Yes Salvador. Good, sticking to the character, I like it.

George scrutinized me with his eyes as I sat on the carpet. I could hear his knuckles cracking as he clenched his fist. I imagined his hand turning pale.

Oh, Avida McCartney you've run into some great trouble. I've done nothing. She did everything. That's right, blame it on her. Very galant with your Gala if I may say so. Ha. Ha. Great joke. You know that judging from the previous Maya and the unchanged one, it's not going to be normal tea that she's going to serve you, right? I heard her talking about some shrooms... Avida McCartney's having a wild night. I like it. I shall make a painting out of it. Your face will be in a pool of vomit that is in fact a tear coming out of a rhinocero's eyes. Or an elephant. Whichever, i'll put bacon on that. Shut up.

"What's wrong Georgie?" I heard John ask and George's strained voice answer

"Nothing, Johnny, I'm fine."

Jimmy sat on the couch beside George, glaring at me from time to time.

Oh, great. That's what you get for being Avida McCartney. What if they kick you out of the band? Like Dalí and the surrealists? Wow that'd be incredibly surrealistic. Now, THAT's a stupid joke. I didn't even think on it though.

Maya's POV

I heard the kitchen door open as I was taking the pie out of the oven and arranging thr teacups. I took a breath, expecting to feel hands rounding my waist and a pair of lips kissing my neck. But they didn't come. I heard a familiar chuckle, I felt disapointment trace a grimace on my face but I tried to conceal it.

"Maya Maya Maya..." he called

"Yes?" I hesitated, pouring the tea into each teacup, my hand shaking lightly. I placed them all in a tray and handed then to him, preventing him from speaking.

"Did you do anything to Jim? he's as white as a sheet."

I blushed and I was engulfed by a wave of guilt. I gave a shrug.

"Liar." he said, narrowing his eyes, but heading out of the kitchen, his blond curls bouncing after him.

George's POV

Should I be angry? Should I not? Should I have given her the book before? Is this fair? I thought for a moment.

Robert arrived carrying a tray with teacups, Maya came after him, bringing a pie and some plates. My stomach growled and I pushed the thoughts away, called by a more urgent matter. She placed it on the table, cutting each slice and putting it on a plate. I was handed one first and I smiled, she did remember how much I loved her apple pies. I took the plate, holding it in my left hand as I made myself comfortable on the rug. I brought a piece of pie into my mouth, savoring it, tasting the cinammon and the sweet apple dissolving on my tongue. 

''As good as I remembered.'' Ringo complimented, giving her a wink and we all nodded our agreement. She took a smaller slice, sipping her tea from time to time and stealing glances at all of us. I finished and cut another piece of pie, as well as Ringo and John. Paul finished his slice and drank his tea, watching Maya with an absent look on his face, that absent look he always got when he was talking to himself.

''I've got to say this. Can we please get the grudges and regrets out? The atmosphere feels weird, so please do spit it all out.'' Robert called, making everyone stop, I heard John choke on his pie and Ringo had to slap his back a few times.

''You go first Jimmy.'' Robert encouraged him, unashamed at his honest statement.

''I'll pass.'' he protested and Robert was going to snap, but he sighed and kept on, to John.

''I've got me no grudges, mate. I should apologize though, and so should yeh.'' he said, addressing Maya, and us.

''I'm sorry.'' he kept on, talking to Maya this time, and she nodded. It went on to Ringo.

''I'm sorry.'' he said too. Paul came next and I had to hit him so he'd pay attention.

''Everyone hates me. And I'm sorry.'' he said, tuning out as soon as he made his confession

I came next, and I apologized sheepishly, I didn't really want to declare that it was my idea to come here. It wasn't fair, and I wasn't an egocentrical person. Maya didn't really have to say anything, we knew and it all came back to Robert.

'' I'm going to be straightforward about it. You're all a bunch of twats, specially Paul but I do not hate any of you, particularly, I think. And well, I apologize for being mean to all of you, and I promise that i'll try to be softer.'' he said and I heard John chuckle, as well as Maya giggle.

''Got it all out?'' John said humorously and Robert grinned.

''Can we please get high now?'' Jimmy suddenly exclaimed

''Yes.'' John said unhesitantly

''Thought you'd never ask.'' Maya said with a grin

Ringo didn't say anything, his face turning grave. 

''Yes.'' Robert agreed

This means there's going to be trouble, I thought. Oh, who cares.

'' Yes.'' I said

''Yes.'' Paul agreed enthusiastically and we all turned towards him, surprised for he wasn't really the get high type, he was always the person that took care of all of us when Brian wasn't around.

We watched Ringo expectantly.

''Fine.'' he said, a little reluctant.

Paul's POV

 Don't take drugs, I am drugs. Not now Dalí. I forgot, did you have a turn off button? Yes it's right in the deepest corner of my... Woops, I made Dalí snap at me. I feel slightly melted, and where is my bacon? I demand my bacon. I fed it to the ants. And Time ate the rest. Don't you bring Time into this conversation, young man. Time is something completely.. completely ... Melted? No, you idiot. Time is destruction. Dalí's quoting Baudelaire. Because I'm you and you read Baudelaire. Naturally

'' Here you go Paul.'' Robert said, handing me a shroom. I brought it up to my mouth and chewed it, waiting expectantly

(( maybe this means that from now on my imagination WILL get wilder. sorry for the late update <3))