Chapter 5

"Where's Harry?" Louis asks me and Lia as we make our way to our table for Third Feeding.

"I thought he was with you." I say when I sit down. I look at my plate, and there were two pieces of bread. There weren't any on Harry's plate.

"I haven't seen him since I walked him back to our room."

"Yeah, where were you, by the way? I stopped by to give Harry his paint and you weren't there."

"I was in the Center, Ryan wanted me to help him craft a sword. Wait, so you did see him?" He looks up from his bread.

I nod, "Well, yeah. He was acting pretty weird, though, he told me to leave him alone. So I left, washed myself to get rid of the paint and then we walked straight here." I explain.

Louis chuckles, "I heard about the paint fight. Wish I was there to see it."

"It was actually really fun, but it was annoying to get all the paint off afterwards." Lia says. She pulls some red paint from her hair.

"Yeah, but Lenore got really mad. Zayn tried to pin the blame on me when he's the one who started it! Can you believe it?" I exclaim.

"No way! That little creep can't even own up to his actions. Don't let me anywhere near him, Aimes, or I just might teach him a lesson." Louis says. I don't think he's kidding.

"No one's stopping you, Lou. You have my permission to beat him up as badly as you want." I smile.

"So is Harry really not gonna show up?" Lia asks, looking around the large room for Harry.

Louis shrugs, "I guess not. We should probably leave him alone, though. Whatever he's going through, he probably doesn't want us to get involved."

"Maybe." I respond. I really hope there's nothing seriously wrong with Harry. "Do you guys think we should at least ask him if he wants to be alone or needs our help or something?"

"I'll talk to him tonight after the lights turn off, if you want. I don't get tired anyways, I'll ask him what's up." Louis offers.

Lia answers, "That'd be great. Let us know what he says, yeah?"

Louis nods, "We've got a couple more hours to waste until then. I think it's 7, and I'd like to be back to my room by 9. Maybe I could talk to Harry before the lights go out, since they stay on until 10."

"Sounds good." I comment.

"So, what shall we do until then, ladies?" Louis leans back against his chair and puts his hands behind his head.

"I don't know, I'm kind of bored of everything at the moment." Lia complains.

"Let's just sit here for a while, then." I suggest.

We spent some time in awkward silence, quietly eating our bread and sipping our water. After what seems like forever, Lia speaks up.

"I'm actually gonna go to the Garden, do you guys wanna come?" She asks.

"Nah, it's okay. I think I'll just stay here." I answer.

"Yeah, I think I'll stay with Aimee. Sorry." Louis replies, although he didn't seem too sorry for not wanting to go to the Garden.

"Alright, suit yourselves. I'll see you back in the room for Night, Aimee." Lia says to me.

"Okay, see you then." I respond.

She gets up from her seat and walks away, leaving me and Louis to be alone at the table. I look around, people are starting to leave.

Louis and I sit in silence. I start to pick at the remains of my food and then put the remaining outside of the bread on Harry's plate. Louis gives me a look as if to question my actions.