Chapter 31

I've decided to go looking for Lia. I can't believe it took me so long to think of it, but I'm definitely going to do it. I am going to the West Wing and I won't leave until I find her.

     I don't even remember what I did after First Feeding, after Louis told us about his second dream. I think I sat at one of the painting tables, but I was too busy thinking about Louis' dream to pay attention to my surroundings.

     Harry probably noticed my behavior, but he didn't point it out. I don't want to tell him what I'm going to do yet, I know he's going to try to talk me out of it. No amount of talking is going to change my mind about this. Now here I am, planning how to do this while eating my Third Feeding bread.

"Aimee?" Harry calls my name from across the table.

     I look up from my bread, "Yeah?"

"You, um, you seem really distracted, is everything alright?" He asks.

"I'm fine, just thinking." I answer, not wanting to tell him about my plan. I've decided to leave tonight, right before the lights turn off. I'm scared out of my mind, and I don't know what's going to happen as soon as the lights go off, especially since it's the first time I won't be in my room when it happens.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asks out of curiosity.

"I'll tell you later." I respond. He nods and gives me a smile.

"Something going on?" Niall interjects.

     I close my eyes for a moment and sigh, "No, Niall, nothing's going on." I tell him in a not-so-subtle annoyance.

"Oh, okay," Niall grins, "So, what are we gonna do after this?"

"I don't know," I quietly answer. I glance at Harry, who's clearly enjoying this.

"Let's go to the crafting tables, does that sound good?" Niall suggests.

"Mhm," I respond.

"Didn't quite hear you there, Aimes," He chuckles. Did...did he really just call me Aimes?

"Yeah, that would be fine," I mumble. I can see Harry trying so hard not to laugh.

"Cool, so we'll go as soon as you finish your food." Niall says. Harry snickers a bit, unable to hold in his laughter at my expense, and I kick his shins from under the table.

"Ow!" He exclaims, laughing. I can't help but laugh along with him.

"Shut up, that didn't hurt as much as it could have," I tell him, giggling.

     He shakes his head, still chuckling a bit. I look at Niall, who was too busy eating to notice us. He's friendly, but a little too friendly. And clingy. Very clingy. I turn my attention back to Harry.

"You coming with us to the crafting tables?" I ask him, hoping that he says yes.

     Harry nods, "Of course. I just hope I'm not intruding on your quality time with your new best friend." He teases.

     I shake my head and sigh dramatically, "This is ridiculous."

     Harry laughs and I notice his dimples. I like his dimples.

"So," Niall interrupts, "You ready to go, Aimee?"

"Oh, uh, yeah," I hesitantly stand up. Niall stands as well, followed by Harry. We start to walk out of the South Wing. Harry grabs my hand with his, the hand with the blotches, as we walk.