Chapter 11

Louis, Pam, and Dan: Part 1

     The left corridors weren't as confusing as the right, but still, there were twists and turns nonetheless. There were less rooms, none of which were bedrooms. Instead, they found multiple bathrooms, shower rooms, and a few drawing rooms.

"Do you guys think we'll find Zayn?" Pam asked, worried about her friend.

"Yes." Louis quickly responded. Although Zayn wasn't always the nicest boy he knew, Louis still considered him to be his friend, and he cares a great deal about his friends.

     Dan raised a brow, "How are you so sure?"

"I just am. I know we're going to find him, I can feel it." Louis said.

"What if we don't?" Dan questioned him.

     Louis didn't respond. He merely tried the next door they walked up to, which was the Main Room, and it was filled with Adults.

     He quickly shut the door in front of him, pushing Pam and Dan behind him.

"What's wrong?" Pam whispered.

"Sorry, I just got a bit alarmed," Louis explained, "I didn't expect so many Adults to be there."

"Should we go in?" Dan suggested.

"Why not?" Pam replied. "If Zayn's anywhere in this area, chances are that someone's seen him. I think we should ask them. Louis?"

     Louis shrugged, "Sure. But I don't want to talk to them too much, can you two do all the talking?"

"Why don't you wanna talk to the Adults?" Pam asked him, her eyes swimming with confusion.

"I don't like them very much. They haven't been as nice to me as they were when I was younger. It's become quite unpleasant whenever I run into one of them." He confessed.

     Dan rolled his eyes and opened the door.

"Dan, you talk first," Pam coaxed.

"Why me?" Dan whined, frowning.

"Because I'm shy." She muttered.

     Dan shook his head, "How did I end up getting stuck with you guys?"

"C'mon, don't lie to yourself. You know we're your favorite people." Louis smirked.

"Nope," he denied, "It's the complete opposite, actually."

     As soon as they strolled in, they caught the attention of all the Adults there. They felt awkward standing there as the stares of 30 people burned into them. Pam nudged Dan with her elbow, urging him to say something.

"Um...hi," he uncomfortably greeted everyone. They all murmured a brief "hello" before returning to whatever they were doing. Except Teacher Tina, who approached them.

"Children, what are you doing here?" She asked, her eyes darting between the three young faces in front of her. Nobody answered her, so Louis slapped Dan's shoulder from behind him.

"Oh, um, we were j-just looking for Zayn" He quietly explained, suddenly feeling even less confident than his friends.

"Zayn?" Tina quietly whispered to herself. She adjusted her glasses and ran her hand through her dirty blonde hair. "I don't know why you'd look here, he's probably in the Center or up in the North Wing wandering around the Garden."

     Louis cleared his throat, "We looked everywhere but here. Well, I didn't, but other people did. Anyways, he wasn't anywhere so since this is the only place we haven't checked, we figured he must be here."