Chapter 32

"Oh, no." I hear Harry say. The door locked before he could leave, it locked before I could leave, and now we're both stuck in my room for the rest of the night, in the dark. "No, no, no, this can't be happening."

"Well, now neither of us can leave," I remark, sighing and sitting down on my bed. Harry frantically shakes the door handle and tries desperately to open it.

"This isn't supposed to happen, I'm supposed to be in my room right now!" Harry exclaims, "This can't be happening."

I exhale, "Harry, the door's not going to open, we're stuck in here," I tell him. He stops pulling on the door handle and sighs, leaning on the door.

He looks at me, "So, uh, so w-we're stuck here?"

"Yeah..." I answer.

"T-together?" He stutters.

I nod, "Yep."

"For the wh-whole n-night?"

I nod again. His hands start to shake a bit as he slowly makes his way towards me. He sits down next to me and takes a deep breath.

"O-okay, then."

I sigh, "Why didn't you let me leave?" I ask him, slightly irritated.

"I, uh, I didn't want you to go," Harry explains, "Nobody's ever been out of their room at night, it might not be safe."

"But I need to find Lia," I whine.

Harry tightens his lips, I can tell he's getting upset. "I know, we'll go there tomorrow and look for her."

"You're not coming with me." I state, shaking my head.

"You know, that's the second craziest thing you've said today. Have you gone mad?!" Harry argues loudly. This is the first time he's ever gotten angry at me, and I'm frightened.

"Why are you getting so angry?" My voice quivers, and I feel the tears coming on. His eyes immediately soften, and he wraps his arms around me.

"Oh, Aimee, I'm so sorry," Harry whispers, "I didn't mean to get angry, I just care about you so much that I can't bear to even think about anything bad happening to you."

I can't find any words to respond with, all I can do is hug him in return. I bury my head into the crook of his neck and let the tears fall. I couldn't help but remember yesterday, when he was crying into my neck because I saw the blotches had spread. Now, our roles have reversed.

"I'm so, so sorry," Harry repeatedly whispers in my ear, "You've seen what the Adults have done- to Zayn, to Lia, and to whoever else they will do things to in the future. It's not safe to be anywhere near them, I wasn't going to let you just saunter on over to the West Wing in the middle of the night like it's no big deal."

"But I need t-to find Lia," I repeat the words I spoke a few minutes ago. I don't understand why I'm crying so much.

"Let me go with you tomorrow," Harry pleads. I finally give in and nod.

"Okay, you can come with me." I say.

He pulls away slightly and places his hands on both sides of my face, caressing my cheek with his thumb and wiping the tears. Even though it's dark, I can still see the sparkle in his eyes as he looks at me. He gives me a gentle smile and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you," he mumbles against my forehead. We stay like this for a few moments before he pulls away completely, making me feel empty. "I've never been outside of my room at night, I hope Louis isn't too worried about me."