Chapter 38

"Ow!" I hear Louis exclaim from inside the Medical Room. He must have gotten the shot as well.

Harry chuckles, "Overreacting at its finest."

I nod and laugh. We've been standing out here while, one by one, our friends have been going into the Medical Room. They all got the shot, but I have a feeling Lenore didn't tell them what she told us.

I want to be nervous about why we need this shot and what's going to happen, but my mind is too occupied with thoughts of Lia. I still can't believe she attacked me like that. What kind of friend does that?

"Hey, you losers told me it wouldn't hurt too much!" Louis yells at us as he walks up to us, rubbing his arm.

"It didn't, you're just being dramatic." Harry responds with a smirk, crossing his arms.

"Shut up," Louis mumbles, causing me to giggle. "Can we go now? Lenore freaked me out a bit when she said-"

Before he could finish speaking, Lenore walks out of the room and says to all of us, "You guys are all done, you can leave now."

Our group starts walking down the hall, but after a few minutes, I can hear faint shouting.

"Harry, do you hear that?" I whisper so no one else can hear me speak.

He nods, "Yeah, it sounds like someone's shouting."

"I think it's coming from over there." I point at one of the nearby corners leading into another hallway.

Harry turns to me, "Aimee, I know what you're thinking. Don't-"

"I'm gonna go check it out." I begin walking towards the shouting. Harry sighs and follows me.

"You're going to get in trouble." Harry warns me.

"Yeah, okay."

I walk towards where I hear the shouting. It's coming from a room near me, and I walk up to it. The door's open, so I take a peek inside. Niall is yelling at Teacher Mel.

"I'm not going to do this anymore, Mel!" Niall shouts.

"Are you seriously disobeying orders?" Mel asks. "You know the rules, Niall."

"This is getting way out of hand," Niall replies, "I mean, Lia attacked Aimee, for goodness' sake! That's horrifying! You said there wouldn't be any danger, you said this place was safe."

"Yes, and we're looking into that," Mel says, "Someone must have gotten into the system and messed with it, we'll find out who it was and we'll deal with them."

"What do you mean, 'deal with them'?" Niall cautiously asks.

Mel sighs, "You know what I mean."

Niall shakes his head, "I don't like your methods, but I want justice. Whoever made Lia attack Aimee needs to pay. Promise me you'll find out who did this."

Mel nods, "I promise, honey."

"That doesn't change my mind, though. These people are my friends and I'm done doing your bidding, I won't do it anymore." Niall sternly says.

"Bates isn't going to like that," Mel warns him, "You work for us, it's the only reason why you're here in the first place. We brought you here to help us, not to make friends."

"I don't work for you anymore, I'm done." Niall slowly tells her. I look at Harry, who's listening intently.

"Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." Mel responds. Then, she starts walking towards the doorway. Harry and I hurriedly run down the hallway and turn a corner before she can see us. I wince in pain, since my ankle hasn't fully healed yet.