Chapter 18

Throughout my alone time with Louis, I try not to accidentally mention anything about my so-called made up story. I have to be careful about what I say, and it was a bit uncomfortable. Although, I will admit that it's nice to spend some time with him.

"Can I ask you something, Aimes?"

I turn to him, "You just did."

He chuckles, "I'm the sarcastic one, remember? You're the nice one."

"I thought Harry was the nice one." I point out, smiling.

"That's true," he realizes, "Then what does that make you?"

"Um... the smart one?" I suggest.

"Not the smart one." He jokes.

"Oh, thanks!" I reply, giggling. "But, now that I think about it, Lia's the smart one."

"Yeah, she's smarter than anyone I know." Louis agrees. Then, he snaps his fingers. "I've got it! You're the clumsy one. No, the lazy one. No, the-"

"Okay, I get it." I stop him before he continues. "What were we talking about before?"

"Oh, I wanted to ask you something important." He reminds me.

"Alright, go for it. What's up?"

He took a deep breath and, with the most serious face he's ever made, slowly asks me, "Would you like to join me in a totally fun and awesome trip to the Garden?"

I burst out laughing, "That was the important question you just had to ask me?"

He nods, "Yes, I thought it would be funny to give it a more serious approach." He grins.

"You know, you're not as funny as you think you are." I tease. He shrugs his shoulders.

"So, you gonna come with me or not? We don't have too much time." He replies.

"I thought you didn't like the Garden." I point out.

"I don't," he admits, "But there's nothing else to do. Everything else has been boring me lately."

"Didn't we go to the Garden yesterday?" I ask, going along with the fake story. I still have no idea what's happening and why no one except Harry and me seem to remember it, but he had a point when he said we shouldn't tell anyone. I just wish I knew what was going on.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't mind going again. I mean, what else is there to do, right?" He says.

"Okay, I guess it could be fun," I tell him, "But shouldn't we wait for Harry? What if he comes back and wonders where we are?"

Louis shrugs, "It's fine, I'm sure he'll be cool with it. He can come and find us if he wants."

"Oh, okay then." I stand up, leaning on my uninjured ankle. Louis stands as well, grabbing my arm.

"Maybe we should stay here." He suggests, glancing at my ankle, which is in immense pain at the moment.

I shake my head, "No, it's fine. I just have to walk it off."

"That's... that's not going to help." He replies.

"I'm okay, trust me." I assure him. "I wanna go now."

"Alright." He still looks uncertain, but we start walking anyways.

Each step hurts more than the last, causing me to regret wanting to go so badly. Louis' holding my arm to help me walk, though, which makes it a little bit better.