Chapter 13

Rin ^^^

Peter ^^^

Peter ^^^

Peter and Rin

"Do you think the others have found Zayn yet?" Rin asked Peter, who was sitting by the door.

     He shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't." He looked up at her, "Why don't you sit down? There's still a lot of time left before they're supposed to be back."

     She shook her head, "I don't want to sit down."

"C'mon, we stayed behind because we were too exhausted to explore. What's the point of staying back if you're not gonna relax?" He pointed out.

     Rin paced around nervously, her eyes darting between the corridors' entrances, until she sighed and sat by Peter with her back against the wall.

"Maybe we should have gone with them," she said, regretting staying back.

"Why?" Peter asked.

"What do you mean 'why'?" She questioned. "We could have helped them out, I feel so useless here."

"I'd much rather stay here. It's been a long time since I've been in the West Wing, I don't really remember how to get around." He admitted.

"I don't think any of us knows how to get around. None of us come here that often." She remarked.

     An awkward silence filled the air. Peter was picking at his fingernails while Rin was twirling a strand of her jet-black hair.

     Peter glanced at Rin and said, "I wonder why we haven't hung out together, you seem really fun. We should hang out more often."

"That would be great," she grinned. "What do you like to do?"

"I really like going to the Garden. You?"

     Rin gave him a strange look, "Not really. Do you like swordfighting?"

"No...how about drawing?"

"I don't really like to draw." She commented.

"Oh," Peter replied, "...Maybe we shouldn't hang out together."

"Yeah, maybe we shouldn't." She agreed.

     Peter sighed, "Do you think they'll be back soon?"

"I hope so, but there's still time left." Rin responded.

"I bet Nate's gonna find Zayn."

"What makes you say that?" She asked.

"He wants to find him the most. They are pretty close friends." He explained.

"Well, that does make sense," Rin said, "But I feel like Aimee's going to find him. I don't know why, I just have a feeling."

"What if Pam finds him?" He wondered.