Chapter 35

I explained everything to Louis when he came back from Second Feeding. I told him that they took Harry to the Medical Room, that he wasn't breathing, and that even Bates seemed scared. I told Louis how worried I was and how overjoyed I became when Harry woke up.

     Harry was asleep the whole time I was talking to Louis. Louis had brought me my bread, along with Harry's, even though I told him that Harry can't eat it. He said I could eat both of the pieces, so I did. I didn't eat the outsides, as usual, except this time, Louis ate it for me.

"When do you think he's going to wake up?" Louis asks me, referring to Harry. I look at Harry, who looks so peaceful in his sleep. I'm sitting on the mattress by the end of the bed, by Harry's weird-looking feet, and Louis is sitting directly adjacent to me on the floor, his back against the bed near Harry's head.

     I shrug, "Probably not for a while, he seemed really tired earlier."

     Louis nods, then says, "I should have followed you. I was worried sick, and I should have followed you. I just sort of froze, though. It was like I couldn't move, even if I wanted to. I'm so sorry, Aimee."

"There's nothing to be sorry about," I assure him with a smile, "I guess people react differently when they're scared, we can't really control that. For example, I hyperventilate when I'm scared and I cry uncontrollably."

     He chuckles, "And I freak out and am not able to move at all, apparently," we both start laughing, but I don't really know why. It wasn't exactly funny.

"We all have our problems," I comment.

"I still feel bad, though," he responds, "I had another dream last night, you know."

"Really?" I ask. I scoot my butt off of the bed and sit down on the floor next to Louis.

     Louis nods, "Yeah, but I don't remember much of it. Harry was in it, though."

"Speaking of last night, I'm sorry if you were worried about Harry's absence." I apologize.

"It's no problem," Louis shrugs, "He got locked in here before he had a chance to leave, it's not his fault. I'm just glad he wasn't locked out of any room. Who knows what would have happened if he were to get stuck in the hallway all night?"

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that he's gonna have to stay here tonight, too." I inform him.

     Louis looks at me in surprise, "O-oh, he has to stay here again?"

"Well, he wanted to," I say, "But I feel bad leaving you by yourself at night...do you want to stay here tonight, with us?"

     His eyes widen with excitement, "Could I? That would be amazing."

     I nod and giggle, then I check the time on the wall, "Louis, it's already 6. You should go to Third Feeding."

     Before Louis can open his mouth to respond, someone walks into the room.

"Aimee. Louis." I heard the voice call our names. I look up to see Bates, standing by the doorway. I quickly stand up, and so does Louis.

"B-Bates, hi." I stutter, I'm still wary of him, even after he saved Harry from...what exactly would have happened to him if he didn't start breathing again?

     Bates turns towards the hallway and calls, "Come on in."

     In walks Lenore, Teacher Tina, and one male Adult whose name I can't remember. They were each carrying a small, clear bag with bread inside.