Chapter 16 - Two Can Play This Game

LAUREN'S POV

It's 9pm and I'm sitting on my bed, scrolling through tumblr on my laptop. Camila hasn't been answering my texts. She's either sleeping or there's something on her mind and she's spaced out. Whatever it is, I'm worried. I wanted to go sleep over at her house but my mom told me it's 'rude' to sleep somewhere else when there's guests at our home.

"Hey Lo." 

Speaking about guests.

"What?" I asked Harry harshly. 

"Harsh much? You okay, Lo?" He asked as he allowed himself in my room and sat at the corner of my bed. 

"May you please stop calling me 'Lo'? Its Lauren. Just Lauren." I said annoyed. 

"Okay, Lauren. So, wanna hang out tomorrow?" Harry asked. "Your already staying in my home, isn't that enough for a 'hang out'?" I replied. 

"Is that a yes?"

"No." 

"Awesome. Be ready by 10. Night." He smiled then left my room. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Wait a second. Did he just ..? "What part of 'no' do you not understand?" I yelled. 

"Lauren its nighttime. Stop yelling." My mom said as she passed by.

~NEXT DAY~

It was almost 10am and I was already dressed. Not because I remembered what Harry said to me last night but because he was constantly reminding me every 5 to 10 minutes since I woke up for breakfast. "Ready?" Harry asked. 

"Whatever." I said plainly. He led the way outside then he opened the door to my mom's car. "Uhm, you do know this is my mom's car, right?" 

"Yeah, I know." Harry smiled as he opened the door for me. I got in then he ran to the driver's side and got in. "Then why are you driving it?" I asked confused. 

"Because she let me use it."

"Oh, so she lets you use it but not her own daughter. Thanks mom." I rolled my eyes. 

Harry let out a chuckle. "So, where are we going, Styles?" 

"Just wait and see." Harry smiled. 

CAMILA'S POV

I woke up pretty early. I went downstairs hoping there was breakfast but sighed. There was a note on the fridge. "Karla, Sofi and I will be at her friend's pool party for quite a while. Your father is working overtime today, too. There's pizza in the fridge. Love you! - Mom" 

I groaned. One, because I'll be alone at home and two, because my mom called me Karla. I ate the pizza then headed to shower. Once I was done and was dressed, I decided to walk to Lauren's home and stay there the whole day. I grabbed my phone and noticed a car passing by my home. I looked out my window and squinted my eyes. "Isn't that Mrs. Jauregui's car?" I thought. I saw a guy driving it and wondered who the hell was that because it definitely wasn't Mr. Jauregui. 

"I'm probably just seeing things." I said softly. I called Lauren to tell her I'm coming over but it went straight to voicemail. So I texted her. I headed downstairs to my front door and opened it to see Louis. 

"Louis?" I said.

"More like LOUIS!! Hey Mila. Mind if I come in?" 

"Sure." I said letting him in and closing the door. I led him to the living room and we sat down. "I was actually heading to Lauren's place, she's not answering her phone."