Chapter 7

Remma Raymond

"Hello, Remma Raymond," he said. His face scared me shitless. I backed up, still clutching the picture. He sped towards me and pinned me against the wall. I could feel the electricity coming off of him.

"I'm guessing you're Zoom," I managed to choke out, as he had his hand wrapped around my neck. I could feel his claws poking at my neck. I make one wrong move and I bleed to death.

"That is correct."

"What do you want from me?" I whispered. I tried phasing through his hand but couldn't. I smelled some sort of liquid on his hands. He has the chemicals that somehow keeps me from using my powers.

"You're dating The Flash. You're the one he loves," Zoom told me. I shook my head slightly.

"He doesn't love me. He's just dating me." Zoom released me and I slumped to my knees. He kneeled down in front of me.

"What do you mean by that?" I stared him in the eyes, clutching my neck.

"They don't give a damn about me. They locked me in the Pipeline while this city was being destroyed. While my brother died. They just need power. I'm guessing you're here to steal what power they have," I told Zoom. He nodded. "They don't have much. Not without me."

"Will you help me steal The Flash's speed?" I shook my head.

"I'm not a criminal anymore, Zoom." I stood up and walked out to the living room. He sped in front of me. "How rude of me. Would you like something to eat? To drink?" I asked sarcastically. My sarcasm is going to get me killed one day. He grabbed me by my neck again, lifting me off the ground. Maybe that day was today.

"Don't talk to me like that," he hissed. I rolled my eyes and he dropped me. I landed on my feet, glaring at the floor.

"If you're going to kill me then do it already," I sneered. He lifted my chin with his claw to look me in the eyes.

"Someone on that team cares for you. I'm not going to kill you. You could be useful to me, Remma Raymond. Just as your brother on Earth-2 is." My eyes widened in shock.

"Ronnie's alive?" I whispered. "But I was told that he died!" I yelled. The door was kicked open and Zoom sped away. I saw Barry standing there. "No!" I screamed.

"Are you okay?" he asked me, running up to me. I stared at the window he went through.

"No! He got away! He could've taken me to Ronnie!" I yelled. Barry stared at me in confusion.

"Remma, Zoom was going to kill you." I shook my head.

"No. He was going to keep me alive. As leverage, yes, but alive. I could've gone with him to see Ronnie," I whispered. Barry pulled me to his chest, wrapping his arms around me. "I could've seen Ronnie again." A tear slipped down my cheek at the thought of my deceased brother.

"Remma, he would've never let you see Ronnie on Earth-2. He would kill you," Barry muttered as he stroked my hair.

I had fallen asleep in Barry's arms that night so he put me to bed. I woke up with his arm draped over my waist, keeping me from getting up. I groaned. Why is he so heavy? I shoved his arm off of me, making him slap himself in the face. I chuckled as his eyes fluttered open. "The hell?" he mumbled.

"You were pinning me down. All I did was move your arm," I explained as I walked to my bathroom to take a shower.

"So what happened with Zoom last night?" he asked, following me in the bathroom. I shrugged, starting the water.

"Nothing really. Just wanted me to help steal your speed. I said no and he left me alive for some reason. Why?" I questioned. I made him turn around as I took off my clothes and stepped in the shower, the black shower curtain hiding my body.

"Well, you were really upset last night. You said that Zoom could take you to Ronnie on Earth-2." I shrugged.

"I'm fine now. But thanks for worrying about me."

It was silent for a few minutes before he said, "I heard you conversation with him. About how we don't give a damn about you. Do you really believe that, Emma?" I stopped, letting my arms fall to my sides.  I sighed.

"I didn't want him to kill me. I had to lie," I lied. I could see him nod through the curtain. I turned off the water and Barry handed me the towel sitting on the bathroom counter. I wrapped it around my body before stepping out of the shower, drying my hair. I saw him staring at me in the mirror. "My face is up here, Barry." He nodded.

"Right. Sorry. I'm going to head home to shower and change and stuff. Do you need anything?" Barry asked. I shook my head. He kissed my lips before speeding off towards Joe's house. I looked back in the mirror when I started to put my hair up and saw something in it. I gasped and turned around, looking for the masked face. But he was gone. When I turned back around something was written on the mirror in my dark blue lipstick.

YOU WILL HELP ME OR I KILL THE FLASH

My eyes widened. It was Zoom. I grabbed my phone, dialing Jay's number. "Hello?"

"Jay, I need you to get to my apartment as fast as you can," I told him.

"Why? What's going on, Emma?" he asked. I could hear him running out of STAR Labs.

"We have a problem."

He studied the writing on my mirror and nodded. "Yep. That's Zoom for sure. Dark blue is the color of his speed and I recognize the writing. He's done something like this many times on my Earth." I clutched my head. "Emma, relax. We'll protect you," he assured me.

"How?" I yelled. "Cisco can't control his powers and Barry's not fast enough! You don't have your speed either!"

"How do you know he's not fast enough?" Jay asked. I sighed and shook my head.

"I just know, Jay. I've seen Barry run for a year. I saw Zoom run only one time and I already know he's faster. How do we stop him?" I asked. I shook my head. "I can handle this myself." I snapped. He sighed.

"Emma, I don't want to pull this card but you're 19. Technically you're still a teenager." I raised an eyebrow.

"And your point is? At least I have my powers that could protect me," I defended.

"We were both able to stop you from using your powers with that chemical. What makes you think Zoom won't always have that with him when he comes here? He always has it. It's the same way he beat your doppelganger on my Earth," he ranted. We were interrupted by a knock on my front door. I walked over to it, opening it up. I was greeted by a blonde girl in the same outfit I wear as the Red Warrior.

"Remma Raymond?" I nodded. "We need to talk."