Chapter 4

Onestar started pacing in the leader's den, thinking. He looked to see Birchstar staring at him annoyed. "Onestar, why are you pacing?" He asked the WolfClan leader.
"I've been thinking.." The white and ginger tom muttered as he continued to pace the den.
"About not pacing?" Birchstar meowed in an even more annoyed tone.
The WolfClan tom stopped and stared at him. "I've been thinking... About Feralstorm.." He meowed.
"What about him?" The medium blue/gray tom asked curiously.
"His family.." Onestar answered as his tone trailed off slightly.
"Where are you going with this?" Birchstar asked him.
"His family aren't of this Clan..." The leader mewed.
The ViperClan leader blinked. "Like I asked, where are you going with this?" He pressed, giving him a dip of his head for him to clarify further. "What about his family?"
"When Duskstar let in Jadepelt and Dustytail.. I've been wondering-" He was cut off afterward by Blackflight.
"Onestar! The AshClan cats are invading our territory!" The black and white tom wailed.
The tom emerged from the leader's den. "Go tell Feralstorm, Darkshadow, Liontail, and cats if able to fight! You and some other cats stay and defend the camp!" He ordered.
The blue eyes tom nodded and sped off. Feralstorm, Fallentooth, Liontail, Ottertaail, Rainpaw, and Darkshadow exited the camp in a run.
"ViperClan warriors!" Birchstar yowled. His mate, Windpaw, Sedgepaw, Ryepaw, Claw, Dogshade, and Ivyleaf all exited camp.
They all looked to see AshClan cats on the territory across the lake, ready for a fight.
"WolfClan attack!" Onestar roared, rallying his warriors to charge for them.
"ViperClan attack!" Birchstar shrieked, ears pinned behind his head in anger as he watched his cats leap at them claws unsheathed.
The leaders were suddenly attacked by two AshClan cats. Both russet pelted. One of them, a much shorter one, pinned Birchstar down. "Filth!" He spat.
The amber eyed tom clawed his cheek and bit hard his ear. "How dare you trespass on our territory?!"
"You made my daughter betray her Clan!" Crimson snarled, leaping for him, only for the leader to leap out of the way and then be pinned by a white pelted apprentice who barred her fangs.
Whiteshimmer leaped for the shorter ginger tom. "You adderhearts!" The white pelted warrior growled.
She then felt claws pierce her shoulder, causing her to unleash a shrill yowl.
A tan tabby pelt tackled him. "Crimson!" It was Feralstorm.
He pushed him off. Then bounded towards the camp. "You damaged my daughter's loyalty! You damaged AshClan's name!" The amber eyed deputy declared in am enraged hiss to the WolfClan and ViperClan cats.
"How dare you?!" Whitemane snarled.
"It's your daughter's fault! She brought this upon herself!" Dogshade countered.
"Lies! You are saying lies!" He hissed and then ran into the camp along with a white pelted cat, and another unrecognizable warrior of their clan who they have never seen.
Feralstorm and Whiteshimmer bounded for the entrance and burst through to see two or three cats crowding Crimson and his friends some foxlengths away.
  The two deputies unleashed loud battle cries and lunged for them. Feralstorm head butted the white pelted cat. It was a she-cat with one black ear and paw whom he had never seen before.
She clawed down his flank. Feralstorm began to bite on the side of her neck. Hearing her yowl in pain as he quickly tore away leaving a blood trickling gash, he chased her off to get her to run away.
He turned to see Leafpelt pinned by the shorter russet tom. Feralstorm barreled into him and pinned him down by his back, claws near his throat.
A black and white shape flung him off of the tom. "We don't kill to win Feralstorm!" Blackflight snapped angrily. "As WolfClan deputy you should know that!"
The hazel eyed warrior looked down. Then up again to see the two figures running off.
He and Blackflight chased the two AshClan cats off the territory and watched as they and others leaped across the lake and on the stepping stones onto their territory.
"It's over..." Onestar mewed to his cats. Birchstar blinked looking across the lake that separated the territories. "For now.." He growled.