Chapter 18

A black and white kit heard the noise of shrieking and hissing cats from the nursery. He looked to see angry cats. He looked up to his mother. "Mom, what's happening?" He asked her.
"I am unsure Stormkit." Doe meowed. The kit padded out. "Wait!" He wailed.
"You're too young for this debate.." A young gray and black stripped tabby she-cat soothed. "Go back to your mother now."
"But-" Stormkit began but was cut off when a cat lifted him by the scruff and gently placed him in the nursery back with his mom.
"Stay there." The WolfClan deputy, Feralstorm meowed to the kit in a firm tone and padded off to go try to settle down the commotion.
Birchstar looked to his warriors. "Silverflight, Sedgeclaw, Branchspots." He mewed.
The three toms padded forward. "Yes father?" The blue-gray tom meowed.
"Make sure they leave with their kits." Birchstar meowed.
"Tch. Don't worry," Blaze mumbled. "We were just leaving."
Crimson stared at his son. He was crestfallen. He was unhappy with Pikefang. "I honestly thought I could trust you once again.."
Stormkit looked into the eyes of one of the kits who was some fox lengths away. He could not look away from them for some reason. "Who are those kits..?" He asked in a low mew.
"They're the kits of those cats outside of camp." A voice replied to his question. He looked to see a black and brown tabby she-kit slightly bigger than him.
"Oh, hi Crowkit.." He mewed in a low tone.
Suddenly, there was a slight hiss that silenced the arguing cats of the three clans. There was silence for a heartbeat then the hissing sounded again.
"Snaaake!!!" Silverflight wailed. There were multiple alarmed yowls and hisses all at once.
Stormkit looked to see a long slithering thing moving about. It's eyes almost cold and deadly. It lunged for the short russet AshClan tom then bit him! The black and white kit stared in horror then was buried in his mother's chest fur by her. "Don't look.." He heard his mew, but at the same time heard the bitten tom's distressed wails of pain.