Chapter 7

Skyfoot's eyes shone like bright blue moons with joy, the soon faded until Crimson began to circle him.
"So, you came crawling over?" he sneered.
"I came for my mate. I may be a cat of another Clan, but I have a family!" Leafpelt declared.
"And you think you're going to get her?" Crimson spat. "She is with her real family, this is were she was destined to be..."
"That tom! That kit! They are alike!" Shrieked Pikefang, narrowing his eyes to Leafpelt then Reedkit.
Crimson glanced at Reedkit and saw the strong resemblance, fury surged through him and Crimson leapt at Leafpelt.
Leafpelt pushed him off. "If you want to kill me and live with the memory, go ahead! Just know it won't make a difference!" He meowed aloud.
"Yes it will! You will die!" Pikefang declared and ran towards him claws out. Leafpelt clawed his cheek. Pikefang clawed down his face.
Crimson purred at his sons display and shot behind and to the left of Leafpelt, clawing at him hind leg.
He clawed the russet tom with his back paws. "I will fight to the death for my love and my kits! And what you're doing is unnecessary!" He mewed, trying to convince them what they were doing was wrong, but saw it being no avail.
Crimson let out a screech and clawed at the back of Leafpelt's neck. "Stay away from my family!" he roared. Lion leaped in and clawed Crimson causing him the stagger away. "Enough! This is nonsense! The tom is right, this is unnecessary.. As is Skyfoot, maybe this isn't her home." He finished.
"What!" Crimson snarled. "How dare you say that! She was born and raised here!"
Lion padded towards his deputy, thrusting his head forward until his breath was hot with rage. "This battle is done Crimson...." He growled.
Crimson blinked. "This battle may be done," he growled. "But my daughter will always be my daughter..."
Lion turned away. He looked to Leafpelt, scarred and clawed. Sympathy filled his eyes.
Skyfoot gazed at Leafpelt, her paws inched forwards as she padded to meet him.
He gently licked her head. "I'm glad you're okay my love..."
"I'm glad you're okay," she murmured. "You were the one fighting..."
The tan and white tom gave a gentle purr. "Are the kits alright..?" He asked in an almost worried mew.
"Yes, they're fine, besides having ruffled fur." Skyfoot mewed gazing back at their kits.
The kits immediately ran to their father. Silverkit stared up. "He's our dad..."
"Yes Silverkit..." Skyfoot purred. "This is your father."
"Cool!" Howlingkit cheered with a small bounce.
"But why was everyone mad at us?" Reedkit asked, tilting his head to one side.
Skyfoot gazed at Leafpelt. "Because cats don't approve of us being together," she began.
"But why us? We didn't do anything!" The creamish tabby kit squeaked.
"I know darling, but that's jut how our world seems to work," Skyfoot mewed licking her kit's ears.
"Then if that's how it is, I wanna go to a new world!" Reedkit mewled.
"I don't think that will happen..." Leafpelt sighed. "We have to wait to join StarClan."
"Maybe that can happen. Come my kits," Skyfoot meowed. "We are leaving and not ever coming back."
Leafpelt nodded and touched his nose to Skyfoot's ear.
"Are we going to go live with daddy mommy?" Reedkit mewed hopefully. Skyfoot gazed at Leafpelt. "We'll know when we get there." she promised.
Crimson leapt to his paws. "You can't leave!"
"Watch me." She sneered, taking Reedkit in her jaws.
Thorn leapt to her paws and carried Silverkit while Leafpelt had Howlingkit in his jaws.
Crimson gazed at them. "Don't go!" he yowled.
"Yay! We're going to a new world!" The kits squeaked with glee.
Skyfoot looked at her father as her eyes held longing. "Goodbye father.."
Crimson watched his heart racing in his chest, fear and regret washed over him. "Please..." he muttered. "I can't lose my family, not again...."
She looked at him. "What.."
Crimson shook his head, he turned and gazed coldly at him paws. "I failed to protect my family once...." he growled. "I can't fail again..."
Leafpelt looked at Skyfoot. "Whatever choice you have, I will be there..." He mewed to her lovingly.
Crimson was sitting, silent as his memories were tossed around in his head.
Skyfoot stared at her father. She loved Leafpelt... And her kits...
Crimson turned his cold wandering gaze to the camp around him. "My home..." he mumbled turning he gazed back at his daughter, her mate, his mate and his daughter's kits. "My family..."
"Leafpelt?" Skyfoot mewed to him.
"Whatever you choose my love, I will be there..." He meowed sweetly.
Skyfoot's kits gazed up at her wonderingly.