Headwires

I know I haven't been home for nearly three weeks, I've been at the Gunners place. Helping them with new music, singing with Izzy, and drawing secret pictures of him. He's let me wear some of his clothes, which surprisingly fit pretty well. I'm wearing one of his t-shirts and black jeans right now.

"Iz?" 

"Hm?" He hummed

"I need to get back home." I mumbled

Izzy groaned and looked up at me. "Why?" He whined

"I've been away  for too long, and Emerson is going to kick my ass for not letting her know where I was." 

"If you really have to go, I guess I'll let ya." 

I smiled. "I'll be back, if that's what you're worrying about."

"Well uh-" He colored 

"Thank you for letting me overstay my welcome." 

"You're always welcome here." Izzy said quietly

I smiled and walked down the stairs with Izzy following behind me. I started towards the door and turned around to face him.

Duff popped his head in the room. "Aw leaving so soon?"

"I need to get home." 

"Well come back anytime you want." Duff grinned

I looked back up at Izzy, "Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, I'll be okay." I looked down "Oh but your clothes."

"Don't worry about it, you can keep em' or bring them back whenever." Izzy shrugged

"Okay." I smiled

I whipped around and bounced down the steps, Izzy stood and watched me walk down the street; probably to make sure I was safe which is so sweet of him. 

I walked down the sidewalk and watched the sun cast my shadow on the grass.

 I dragged my black boots along the concrete and walked up the stairs to my apartment. I found my keys and fumbled around with them before opening up the door. The door squeaked as it opened, Emerson was sitting on the couch in front of the television. She looked over at me and her eyes widened in shock. She quickly turned away and rolled her eyes.

"How nice of you to finally show up. Where've you been? Doing drugs in an alleyway?" Emerson said, clearly annoyed

"No. I was with the Gunners." I said, taking a step in and closing the door

"Oh, being their groupie were you?" Emerson spat

My jaw dropped and a fire of rage burned through me. "Are you serious? I'm not some groupie. If you must know, I was hanging mostly around Izzy. You wanna know what we did? We wrote songs and sang together." I refrained from raising my voice too much. 

"Wow thanks for letting me know!" Emerson turned and glared daggers at me

"Well I'm sorry mother! I didn't know that I had to tell you where I'm going." 

"When you're living with me, yes! I would like to know where you have been for the past week, and I had to take care of your stupid cats while you were out frolicking and having sex with your new boyfriends!" Emerson threw her hands up

I balled my fists up and clenched my jaw. "Well, I'm sorry that you think that." 

I walked down the hall to my bedroom and slammed the door shut, and locked it tightly. 

I could stay in here, right? I have a bathroom, water, a few bags of snacks, clothes, music, things to draw, I'll be fine! I just cannot believe that Emerson would think that I am the Gunners groupie. 

I changed out of Izzy's clothes and put on a white blouse and blue jeans. I walked over to my window and opened it slightly. I tidied up my room a bit, put some books away, art supplies, and music sheets.  When Emerson and I first moved to this apartment, by dad helped me build a floor to ceiling bookshelf. I filled it all up, no problem, now sometimes I have to stack my books on my desk or nightstand because I've filled up my shelves. I've always appreciated the fine arts: music, writing, reading, art. Reading was always one of the things that I loved most, it takes you into a while other world. Quite fascinating actually. I picked up a book and flopped down on my bed. 

Emerson knocked on my door. "Hannah, I'm sorry. Will you please open the door?"

I ignored her and continued reading.

"Han, come on. You know I didn't mean what I said! I was just upset y'know?"

Silence.

"Hannah!" 

Silence.

"Hannah May Maddison open up!" She shouted

But again, more silence.

Soon I heard her stomp down the hall, which made me grin. 

At night I got up and closed the window, and shut the curtains. I padded over to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My eyes looked tired from all the sleepless nights that I had with Izzy, not in the way you think. I wouldn't ever do that so soon, but staying up to play guitar and stargaze took up most of the time. 

Just as  I climbed into my bed, Emerson started banging on the door again.

"Hannah, just talk to me you bitch!"

"I said I was sorry."She muttered unkindly

I remained silent and put my head on the pillow. 

This whole, shutting myself out from Emerson lasted a few days until I finally gave up when my mother called.

"Oh Hannah, you're graduating so soon. I'm afraid I won't be able to attend, but I have found some places that will probably accept you with your adequate skills. Okay, talk to whenever!" 

"What? What kind of mother are you? You force me into some shit cosmetology school, while I was granted a scholarship to Princeton. Princeton! But did I get to go to such an honorable and studious school? No, because you're a fucking joke!" I spat into the phone

"Young lady, you seem to have forgotten who you are talking to. I did you a favor, no man is going to want to marry a smart ass scientist like you. Your grandmother is a disgrace to the family, she's brainwashed you! Why can't you be like your sister?!" 

"I'm dropping out." I said through gritted teeth

"Don't you dare." My mother growled

"Too late, I've already missed too many days. Oops." I said happily and slammed the phone back down

"Hannah, you okay in there?" Emerson knocked on my door

I ripped the door open and stared at Emerson with wild eyes. 

"No, I'm not okay. Because my mother is a fucking crazy cunt!" I threw my hands up and pushed past her

"How could she be mad at me for wanting to go to Princeton? Any other person would consider that a damn accomplishment!" 

"I'm quitting that stupid school she forced me into." I paced around the living room

"Hannah, you're just saying that. Calm down."

"No! I'm not just saying that, I mean it." I turned 

"I don't know, maybe your mom is trying to help you." Emerson shrugged

"Help me? Who's side are you on?!" I narrowed my eyes

"I'm just saying, maybe you should listen to her."

I stomped back down to my room and locked the door again.

"Come on Hannah, stop being stubborn!" Emerson yelled through the door

But alas, I am the most stubborn and defiant girl there is.

A/N Oooo some crazy stuff happened. I can't wait for you guys to read more. And the picture of that room is like my dream room, with all those books.  Vote and comment as always. 

Headwires - Foo Fighters