Safest Place

"You're just like an angel, your skin makes me cry. You float like a feather, in a beautiful world..."

The boys were back around in LA, but wouldn't be for very long. Emerson went home to her place, and I was at Izzy's. I had moved my things into Izzy's house once we got back. Izzy's bookshelf was overflown with my books, and I had my paintings scattered around his house. I had the poster I made for them framed and placed it in the music room. We had about a week off before the next show. The Appetite tour was soon coming to an end, and I was kind of happy. Being on tour was hectic and exhausting. 

Izzy and I were going out with the band tonight to a club. I had on a sundress and put on Izzy's jean jacket on over it. Wearing his jackets made me feel happy and jittery. I ran down the stairs to meet Izzy, who was waiting at the door. 

He smiled when he saw me, "Hey angel -- is that my jacket?" 

"Yes." I grinned

"I'll take it off if you don't want me to wear-"

"No, no, wear it. You look cute with it on." He said, giving me a goofy smile

I followed Izzy down towards the bar, we met the others inside and squished ourselves into the booth. Now that Guns has become wildly popular, there were people swarming the boys, asking for autographs, or hopes of getting something from one of the boy. Girls had glued themselves to the boys' sides, following them like lost puppies. A waitress came by with some drinks, Izzy grabbed one and passed it to me, and then grabbed one for himself. 

I watched the people walk in and out of the bar, and talking to Izzy. I liked that he didn't pay any attention to the people gawking at him and the guys. He would simply smile, and sign whatever they threw at him, then immediately turn his attention back over to me or something else. He was humble.

But as we moved around the club, people would follow, crowding around us. Lots of girls had created a sort of barricade around Axl and Duff, each trying to get close to them. There were so many people around me, they seemed to forget I was even there, pushing past me, stepping on me, shoving me; I stumbled backwards, nearly falling until Izzy steadied me. 

"Hey, stop fucking pushing. Get back!" Izzy shouted angrily

"This is a fucking joke." Izzy mumbled under his breath, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him

"I can't stand that. I hate that people always want to be right up on our asses." He mumbled 

"I know," I said softly, "They just really like you." I grinned up at him

"I know. A little too much." He chuckled

"This isn't worth staying here for, wanna go somewhere else?" Izzy asked

"Well, I guess...if the guys don't mind."

"Ah fuck them, we're with them every second of every day." Izzy said, taking my hand and leading me to the front of the bar

"I guess.."I faltered 

I followed Izzy out of the bar and down the street, we were headed toward the beach. I loved the water, and the sun was setting, and the sky was a beautiful pink color. 

I walked along the shoreline, picking up shells and showing them to Izzy, who  just kept smiling at me. 

"Hey!" I looked up to see Duff walking towards us

"What are you guys doing here?" Duff asked

"Just don't like being around that many people, they're crazy." Izzy said

I nodded in agreement, then proceeded to show Duff my findings.

"I know, I was getting a little cramped too." Duff said as I placed a shell into his hand.

"That ones cool." Duff murmured

I took my jacket off and placed it on a chair, as I started to go in the water. I moved the waves around with my feet, and kicked some water up at Duff. 

"Hey!" Duff whined, and stared at me

"I'll throw you in." Duff said

"Nuh uh." I hummed, like a five year old

"Oh yes I will." Duff said, walking closer

"Do it." Izzy grinned

I gasped and stared at Izzy as my mouth hung open. Duff grabbed me by the waist and hovered me above the water.

"Okay, please no, I'm sorry Duff!" I pleaded

"I don't think you are, you've been a bad girl." Duff teased

"No, no, no!" I panicked, "I'm sorry!" 

"Too late for sorry." Duff said slyly, and dropped me into the water, the cold salt water smacking me in the face 

I looked up at Duff and frowned, "Don't look at me like that, you started it!" He laughed

I watched Izzy creep up behind Duff and then shove him down into the water, but Duff had managed to grip onto Izzy's leg. He lost his balance and fell into the water along side Duff. 

"Hah!" Duff shouted at Izzy, who looked very unhappy

"Oh fuck off." Izzy grumbled, making us laugh

"Aw, don't be angry." I giggled

"Yeah, Iz." Duff teased, Izzy splashed him in the face.

The rest of the night, Izzy, Duff, and I had fun splashing each other, and acting like complete idiots. Afterwards, Izzy and I walked home and changed out of our wet, cold clothes. I curled up next to Izzy and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.