Wind Up

I looked longengly over at Izzy from my spot on the couch. He was smiling and laughing with Mark and Steven. Mark had been with us all week, and took up most of the time with Izzy.

"Am I selfish?" I asked Emerson

"No." 

"Okay, so am I selfish for wanting to kick Mark off a cliff so I can have my boyfriend back?" 

"Mmm, I don't think so." She shrugged

"When is he going to leave anyway?" I huffed

"Do you think it would be rude if I asked him when he was leaving?" 

"Yes, I think that would be rude. Now would you stop complaining about this? He'll go eventually, it's not like him and Izzy are going to start making out." 

"Ew okay, sorry. You're right." I sighed

 "We're going out to the bar." I looked over at Izzy who was looking back at us.

"You are?" I asked sadly

"Yeah, do you want to come?" He asked

"Uh-no. We'll just stay here." I said and forced a smile

"Okay, see you later." He said and walked out with Mark. The other guys were all out, probably at the bar too, so it was just Emerson and I left in the suite.

"Now what?" Emerson asked

"I don't know." I mumbled

"There's nothing to do in this fuckin hotel." She scoffed

"Lets go out to get food." She finally said

"Okay, where?" 

"We'll find a place." She said and pulled a boot onto her foot

We walked down to the lobby, we passed by Vince and Sharise. Sharise muttered something under her breath and snickered at me while we passed by.

"What was that?" Emerson asked loudly

Sharise's eyes went wide and her lips pursed, "What?"

"Don't play dumb, honey. I mean, we know you are dumb but you clearly just said something as we walked by." 

"Hey-" 

"Oh, and you're the sexual assaulter!" Emerson said to Vince

"Emerson!" I warned

"Listen, you two fucking assholes better mind your own business from now on. And stop being a fucking priss, you're not that special." Emerson spat

She spun back around and walked out of the hotel. I looked over at Vince and Sharise who were completely stunned. I turned around to follow Emerson and  jogged to catch up with her. We were both silent as we walked down the sidewalk. I caught a glance of her, she had her eyes locked on the road in front of her, and her jaw tightened.

"That was nice." I finally spoke up

"She looked really angry."

"Mhm." Emerson hummed

"You're good at confrontation. I'm not that good." I said awkwardly

Despite my bad attempts to get a word out of Emerson, she remained quiet, looking out in the distance with hard eyes. Emerson had a rough childhood. Her father left her and her mother when she was young. Her mother remarried, but that relationship wasn't good from the start. They were always fighting, and her step-dad would throw things around the house. It was always loud over there, and there was never a dull moment in that house. Emerson would come to my home and stay there  most of the time. Often she'd stay for weeks on end without returning home. I had a set place for her in my room, we shared my bed, but I had cleared out a small dresser for her to keep some clothes in whenever she didn't feel safe at home. It was like she was my sister, which she basically is. 

Sometimes she would call me late at night, distraught and crying with screaming in the background. I would tell her to come over, and sit comforting her in my room until she quieted down and fell asleep. Emerson's childhood gave her anxiety and some panic attacks. Most of the time she was okay, but every once in a while something would trigger the anxiety and all hell would break loose. Loud noises like thunder storms would also make her anxious and scared, since her step-dad would throw things like glass, and anything he could reach against the wall. He'd hit things, and punch walls, and break doors, sometimes I feared that he would hit Emerson or her mother.

"Talk to me." I said

"I don't like him."

"Not many people do." I said with an awkward laugh

"He's like my step-dad. He thinks he can do whatever the fuck he wants and never get away with it." She grumbled

"Well, I'm sure you put him in his place."

"Doubt it."

...

Later that night, Emerson and I returned to an empty hotel suite. All of the guys were still out. I was a little disappointed that they were still gone, but Emerson turned on the TV and watched movies with me. We sat back on the bed like we used to when we were kids and fell asleep.

When I woke up something was holding onto me, spooning me. I craned my neck to see what it was. Emerson was gripping onto my torso, and huddled up close to me. Last night I heard some thunder and rain. She seemed fine before I drifted to sleep, but something must have spooked her to have herself wrapped around me. 

The room was dark, the curtains were pulled shut, and no light was seeping through. I glanced over at the clock, it was early. About five in the morning. I wondered if the boys had found their way back to our room.

A knock at the door sounded and Emerson groaned. "Get that." I mumbled

Emerson rolled off the bed and sleepily stumbled over to the door and threw it open.

"It's your girlfriend." She muttered sarcastically and came back over to the bed.

I looked up and saw Izzy walk in. His hair was messy and shaggy. I smiled up at him.

"Hi." 

"Hello." I said quietly

"Did you just get back?" I asked

"No, we got back a few hours ago." Izzy answered

"So you just stayed here the whole night?" He asked

I nodded and shut my eyes for a moment. "Hey, will you two shut up? Some people are trying to sleep." Emerson griped

"Sorry. We know you need your beauty sleep." Izzy smirked

"Fuck off." She muttered and threw a pillow at him and nailed him in the face.

I laughed at that. "If you're going to stay in here, then quiet down and go to bed." Emerson said to Izzy

"Fine, maybe I will." 

"Good!" Emerson said sarcastically

Izzy climbed into the bed next to me. He wrapped an arm around me and closed his eyes. He smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. I let out a sigh and fell back asleep.

A/N Sorry for not updating in forever and sorry for this sucky filler kinda chapter. I promise the next one will be more eventful. Also I haven't checked this for any mistakes yet because I really want to get this up so if you find anything weird I'm sorry lol.