Its Shark Time

It was the weekend, and the Celestial Circle was on break. On Saturday afternoon, almost everyone was up and about, scattered around. In the main area, Corvan was reading a book by the fire, Charles was scolding Tamara, who was picking her teeth with a dagger, the twins were bickering with Elfre about their new hobby of shipping, and Brindon was painting by a window. Keelan was, per usual, stuffing his face with the Oreos that Valeriana had left in the kitchen. The others were either in their rooms, training, or out doing errands.

"Tamara, please refrain from acting so crudely in public. It is not proper to use your weapon as a means of hygiene." Charles was standing by the couch with a disapproving look on his face.

"But I'm not in public, now am I Charles? So I can act as I wish."

"When you are in the presence of other people you are still in public. If you wish to act this way, then do so in your own room. Or better yet, do not do it at all."

"Whatever." Tamara stopped poking at her teeth and pointed her dagger towards the stairway. "By the way, has anyone seen Valeriana today?"

The others heard this and turned towards Tamara and Charles.

"Yeah, we were wondering about that. She didn't come down for breakfast or lunch." Genevieve said.

"I thought something was missing. That stupid witch's blabbering was noticeable absent today." Corvan looked up briefly, then returned to his book.

"Oh yes, I went up to her room this morning to call her down to assist me in the kitchen but there was a sign on the door. It said KEEP OUT OR DIE. I left her some breakfast and when I went up to give her lunch, the tray was void of food. I should be up to get the lunch tray now." Charles said.

"Oooh! We'll get it!" Zevlin raised his hand excitedly and bounced up and down in his seat. "What if she's sick or something? She'll need help to get better if she's confined herself to her room."

Corvan's ears perked up at the mention of Valeriana being sick.

"I'll help." Brindon said with his normal blank face.

"I don't think retrieving a tray requires three people to-"

"OH OH!! I'll come too." Tamara popped off of the couch and tossed the dagger carelessly towards a table. That happened to be right behind Charles.

He ducked to the ground to avoid the flying projectile and when he got up, the others were already gone. Corvan was the only left, his book open on his lap. The only sign of discomfort was that his brows were furrowed, for what, Charles didn't know. He sighed.

Up by the door to Valeriana's room, the tray was next to the door, noticeably empty. Tamara picked it up, and saw that all the food was gone. Valeriana did have a large appetite but she shouldn't be able to eat 5 plates of food in one sitting.

"This is odd." Tamara stroked her chin thoughtfully while the others stood behind her.

"Well, drawing is not exactly her strong suit now is it." Elfre pointed at the sign.

They looked at the sign and saw Elfre was indeed right. A paper sign had been pinned to her door with a large dagger and scrawled on it was exactly what Charles said. What he failed to mention was that there was several drawings of stick figures in various fatal situations. They were quite crude though, and everyone, even Brindon cringed at the poor drawings.