Sacrifice Part 2

"Where am I?"

Valeriana was in some empty void, standing in the middle of the area. She couldn't see beyond the blackness around her. She walked around the empty area for a bit, but no matter how much she walked she could only see the shadowy world she was trapped in.

"My arm?!" She checked her arm to see the wound she got from Valdis' sword only to not find it.

"How..."

How odd, but maybe it meant she wasn't in the physical plane, but a private part of her mind.

"How did I get here again?"

Thinking back, she remembered getting the keys, opening the tomb, and she received Ouranos. Realization struck her when she remembered.

No one can beat the darkness! This world is mine!

Those were the last words Valeriana heard before the shadows swallowed her up.

"He's right. No one can beat the darkness." Sadness hung around her aura, dampening her spirits as she remembered how she failed everyone.

Her thoughts were consumed with chaos. Of the pain every experience brought her. The pain she felt even when it was not her own.

She saw people get hurt for her, her memories replaying around her over and over.

Valeriana saw the despair she felt when she found out the several truths, and at the thought of the other mysteries that still surrounded her.

At the times when she lost her fights, when her friends didn't depend on her.

*Why do I bother?*

A voice spoke out, startling Valeriana.

"Who's there?"

Her voice echoed in the darkness. She was floating in some empty black void now that she paid attention to her surroundings.

*Who cares. The world is going to end anyways. It's all your fault.*

Valeriana recoiled from the voice's words.

"Why is it my fault?" She asked.

*You could've saved everyone. But you only gave them false hope and left them in despair. What's the point now in doing anything? It's too late.*

Valeriana felt the despair wash over her again like a tidal wave.

"You're exactly right. It's all my fault. And now I can't do anything. I'm too weak to do anything. My power just isn't enough, not even after getting all the blessings. I'm a washed out has been! Like that one singer people never remember!"

She curled up into a ball, stuffing her head between her body and legs. When she spoke, it came out muffled.

"I couldn't help Tamara that one time in Prelerusia, my Mom got hurt because I wasn't there to help her, my best friend was almost killed just for being my friend! I bring danger and destruction with me wherever I go. I should just disappear."