Familiar Whisperer

@enahpolaris inspired this one-shot. I was looking through her fan art book and I gotta say she is really good. One of her drawings features Valeriana with the familiars of her fellow rankers and I thought it was so cute. I thought I'd set up a little AU for this scenario. Enjoy :)
Hugs and Kisses,
Marinity
-------------
A little bell tinkled in a quiet little building, set on the outskirts of town.

"Hello? How can I help you?" A voice as clear as crystal called out from a back room as they made their way to the front of the shop. They burst through the side door and stopped at the counter.

In the doorway stood a little girl, with long hair the color of applesauce and emerald green eyes. Her clothes betrayed her higher status as some form of nobility.

I wonder if I should be doing this?

She shuffled back and forth nervously before timidly approaching the counter and slipping a note on top of it.

The girl behind the counter delicately picked up the note and read it. Her blue eyes scrutinized the fancy writing adoring the note. When she finished, she snapped her fingers and grinned at the little girl.

"Well I get the idea here. Miss Emmillyse, your little familiar has been down in the dumps has she? She's about, what? Eight weeks old correct?"

Emmillyse nodded her head, making her curls bounce cherub-like.

"Then it's no problem. Why don't you bring her out and I'll see if my hunch is correct."

She took a step away from the counter and closed her eyes, concentrating on calling her familiar out. A ball of fire slowly came out from her chest, right where her heart is and hovered to the ground. With a flash of fire, a lion cub rolled out of the ball of light and landed in a sitting position. She had a red mane with orange-gold fur and her long tail flicked back and forth lazily behind her. She yawned widely, showing all her sharp little teeth.

The woman came from behind the counter and crouched in front of the lion. "Awwww! You're so adorable. What's your name sweetheart?" She cooed.

My name is Gillian. Very nice to meet you.

"It's nice to meet you too Gillian." She giggled.

The young girl gaped at the older blonde.

Amazing! You can hear her! You really are a familiar whisperer!

"I like to think of myself as an aura reader. I can connect with people's auras and such to communicate. Don't tell anyone though, hehe, my magic is special to me."

You can hear me?!?! Your amazing miss!

"It's not that big of a deal but thank you for the compliment. Now, Gillian, you've been feeling off lately according to your contracter correct? Like something just doesn't seem right?"

Correct! I've had this paranoid feeling lately that something is going to happen. I've lost my appetite.

"For someone feeling paranoid you sure seem energetic."

Oh she's much more energetic than this normally. She's bouncing off the walls and running everywhere. She would normally appear in a larger flash of fire and start immediately asking me what we're doing.

"Hmmmm." The blonde put a hand under her chin and sat on the ground, thinking about the situation. She closed her blue orbs, deep in thought.

Emmillyse fidgeted silently, waiting for her diagnosis. The lion cub curled into a ball by her owner's feet and took a quick nap.