Seraphina's Wings

Seraphina's Wings

The war has past, and negotiations have risen between the continents. Now that their common enemy has been subdued once again, Valemnia is in recovery.

Thankfully, the Celestes finally get a little rest from the chaos that swept the world. One particular Celestial Knight decided to visit her ward.

In the Celestial Twelve's building at the main campus, everyone was relaxing as well. School sessions would start back up in a week so they had plenty of time to prepare for the new challengers sure to come their way.

Unfortunately, the only one who didn't have it easy was Valeriana. She was in her room with her fiancé, studying. She had plenty to learn as future Lady of Arlandia.

"Cooorrrvaaann! This is so much work! We still have a week until school starts, why don't we go outside and enjoy it. It is summer, your favorite season."

Her fiancé was adamant though, standing right in front of the door with arms crossed, looking down.

"Not until you finish the chapter. You need to know about Arland's history if you want to help me lead it.

"COOOOORRRVVVAAAAAANNNN!!"

A knock on the door behind Corvan interrupted her complaints as he opened the door to reveal her preferred adult.

"Lady Seraphina!" She leaped in joy and tackle hugged her guardian.

"Hello Valeriana, Corvan. How are you two this fine day?" She patted her ward on the head as she looked at Corvan.

"Quite fine, thank you for asking Lady Seraphina." Was his reply.

"Well, I hope you don't mind if I borrow Valeriana for the afternoon. We haven't had much chance to talk considering the circumstances."

"Of course." He said. "Please, take her to get some fresh air. She's being a bother in here."

Valeriana mumbled "meanie" but her face brightened at the though of taking a well-deserved break. Corvan chuckled at the sight.

He pinched her cheeks to draw her out of her thoughts and she blushed. He then put his hands on her shoulders.

"Be careful alright? If anything happens, send Femeron to me."

"Yes sweetheart." She drew out her words, rolling her eyes but grinning all the same at the cute overprotectiveness of her beau.

Impulsively, she kissed him lightly on the lips before running out the door, pulling Seraphina with her.

Corvan smiled at her reaction.

The duo headed towards what they had dubbed as their spot, passing by many people reconstructing the school.

"Wow it's so pretty!" Valeriana exclaimed.

She was talking about the newest addition to their school, a large tower that spiraled over the rest of the campus. It would act as a central area of defense and surveillance, as well as the new home to their transport door.

They had a great view of the entire campus from where they stood. The fielded hill was still standing and many new flowers had been planted.

"Sit down Valeriana." Seraphina had already plopped onto the grass and she patted the area next to her.

Valeriana sat next to her sister figure and they sat in comfortable silence as they stared out over the school campus.

Soon enough though, Seraphina decided to break the silence.