Unlucky Days: Halloween Special

Part 3

Prior to the incident that occurred in Valeriana's room that drew great attention, she had experienced numerous incidents of extremely unlikely accidents.

It started small in her room.

For this particular instance, she had been cleaning up her room during her weekly clean. Somehow she had developed the habit through all the work she had done for the Twelve before her "initiation" was over. Thankfully, she only did her room and not the entire building.

Standing precariously on a chair that was balanced on top of a table, she dusted the hanging lights in her room.

In the background she had her iPhone connected to speakers and playing music.

Valeriana had almost finished dusting all the lights except one in the bathroom. She grabbed a ladder and propped it underneath before climbing up it.

Right when she touched one of the glass coverings for the candles, it exploded with no warning, sending flying glass shrapnel everywhere.

Valeriana instinctively covered her face with her arms and dropped the feather duster to the ground.

After the mini explosion, she cautiously opened her eyes to see the glass covering and candle gone. Looking down, she could see the glass pieces scattered everywhere along with bits and pieces of candle wax.

"That's just great!" She exclaimed exasperatedly.

Valeriana looked at her arms expecting to see them pinpricked with shards of glass but was surprised to find them bare.

After checking the rest of herself, she looked curiously at the chandelier and her arms, unable to understand how she was able to escape unscarred. The blonde was right in front of the light when it went kaboom.

Pushing the matter aside, she heaved a sigh at the extra cleaning she had to do and got to work.

After that one major accident was a series of minor annoyances, like books randomly falling off shelves when she was underneath them, her cleaning tools mysteriously moving from where she originally placed them, usually somehow ending up on a chandelier and almost falling on her while she was looking for them.

There was one particular instance that was quite odd to her. She had finished cleaning and took a quick shower and was resting on her couch. Valeriana was always so busy she almost never had time to herself.

While she relaxed, a clicking sound could be heard faintly, and then steadily grew in volume. At first she didn't notice it but in a silent room, it would be hard not to when it seemed like it was all around here.

Frustrated beyond belief, she grabbed a nearby pillow and screamed into it. She just wanted peace and quiet yet whatever that noise was, had interrupted her rare moment of silence.

After having her mini-tantrum, Valeriana got up to search for the sound. She tried the bathroom, the bookcases, and checked above her head in case something was threatening to fall on her...again.

She verified that there was nothing nearby that could be the source and gave up. She decided she'd go spar in the courtyard, and not lose her mind in her room with all the crazy things happening.