Chapter 9 - A Very Drunk Mistake Pt. 2

“Are you crazy?” Em yelled, grabbing me and pinning my hands to my sides. “You don’t have a swim suit on!” she tried pulling me away from the pool side.

            “No!” I whined, jerking my hands out of her grasp. “I want to swim! Look, there’s a chicken fight going on! We should join!” I exclaimed joyfully as this time I managed to pull down my zipper.

            “Good God, you’re drunk!” Em screeched in horror, trying to zip up my dress again.

            I swatted her hands away and pulled off my dress in one fluid motion, shivering in the cool summer night air as I stood there only in my black lacy bra and thong.

            “Holy sh - Andrea!”Em screamed in panic, picking up my dress and chasing after me as I made a run for the pool. “Don’t jump in! Don’t – Argh!” she squealed hysterically as I cannonballed into the pool, causing a huge tidal wave and from the sound of it, drenching Emily from head to toe.

            I resurfaced to loud cheering from the other kids in the pool.

“Way to go, Andy!”

“Whoo, great underwear, baby!”

“That’s the party spirit!”

Laughing, I wiped the water from my face and turned around to face a sopping wet, and furious looking Em.

            “Come on, Em get in! You’re already wet anyway,” I giggled, swimming over to her.

            “You’re crazy,” she laughed bitterly, staring down at her drenched outfit and squelching shoes. “I’m going to call the twins,” she muttered as she gazed at me sadly. And with that, she gathered up her soaked maxi dress and stomped off into the house angrily.

            “Whatever,” I rolled my eyes, and swam over to where they were holding  the chicken fight matches.

            “Hey, Andrea!” Pamela called over from on top of her boyfriend Max’s shoulder. “You joining?” she asked me.

            “Hell, yeah! Anyone needs a team mate?” I called out to the group of guys watching.

            “Sure!”

            “Me! Me!”

            “Yeah! I’m all up for another round!”

            “Pick me!”      

            “Andrea!!”

            “Huh?” I turned around at the sound of someone yelling my name furiously from the pool side. “Daniel?” I squinted at the figure crouched at the side of the pool, and swam over to him.

            “Hey!” I waved happily at him.  “I haven’t seen you – “

            “What the hell are you doing?!” he hissed angrily at me, reaching into the pool and grabbing my arms. “Get out,”

            “Ouch! Let go!” I complained, as he tried pulling me out of the pool by force.

            “Hey, dude! Can’t you see you’re hurting her?” one of the guys in the pool swam over to me.

            “Yeah! Not cool, man!” another piped up.

            “Don’t be such a party pooper!”