Chapter Four: I Should Be Over All The Butterflies

We arrived at the mall - I was wearing black skinny jeans and knee high boots that were a quarter inch heel. Along with a white woolly sweater that was super warm. Jake was wearing yet again another ugly Christmas sweater and dark jeans with a cute beanie on his head.

We walked inside and I saw my friends immediately, I saw Mark, Terry, Lucy and Michael. Mark and Terry were together and Michael and Lucy had a thing but Lucy is in denial.

"Hey guys, this is Jake Williamson. Jake this is Terry Smith," I said pointing to the red haired green eyed beauty with braces. "Mark Thomson, her boyfriend" I said pointing to the blond haired brown eyed dimpled cutie. "Lucy Miller," I pointed to the black haired Megan fox look a like. "And Michael Stone," the dark haired golden eyed guy.

"Hey guys," he says. The boys immediately call him over and chat to him and they seem to be hitting it off already. Lucy and Terry look at me and the questions start.

"You didn't say he was that cute!" Terry says looking at Lucy.

"I didn't know what he looked like, he is super hot though." She said looking at me.

"Are you tapping that or can I?" Lucy asks smirking at me then looking Jakes way.

"No one is tapping anything," They both look at me and laugh then bring me in for a group hug.

We head to sit down at a table when we walk into our regular chill spot. Erik used to be part of this crew, now I actually have no clue how its going to work. When it was the six of us we used to sit at the back - we even engraved our names into the table. But when I went on a date with him alone we used to sit near the window. I walked over to the small table and saw our names carved into the table with a heart around it. It pulled at my heart but I tried to push it away so I could enjoy the rest of my day with my friends.

~*~

We all decided we wanted to see a movie so we went into the cinema and decided that we would see an action movie. Well the boys decided Lucy, Terry and I just sort of went along with it. I got into the cinema and I sat next to Jake, next to me was Lucy and Michael then Mark and Terry. We all had popcorn and soda in hand and watched the opening credits.

"Thanks for taking me out today," Jake said leaning into my ear - it sent a shiver down my spine for him to be that close to me. His breath was so warm against my skin.

"You're welcome," I said close to him. We were once again so close to eachother, hopefully there were going to be no interruptions this time. But did I want to kiss him? I spoke to soon, as he moved away from me looking a little disappointed.

"The movies about to start," he said facing the screen. We watched the movie in awkward silence between us - Michael and Lucy were making out and so were Terry and Mark.

After about thirty minutes of sitting there he pretended to yawn and put his arm around me and so I recognised this cliché move and snuggled into him. His left arm was over my shoulders and his hand was resting on my left shoulder - I decided to hold his hand and he gently squeezed it, which spread a huge smile across my face and his also. We spent the rest of the movie like that and when it was over he carried on holding me to his side.

"That was a good movie," I said.

"I really liked that one scene with the aliens," Mark said.

"There were no aliens in the movie," I said laughing knowing that all they did was make out the entire time. We walked passed the usual chill spot and I spotted the table that Erik and I used to sit at. I saw a couple there - funny the guy looked a lot like him. I stood still - frozen in shock when realisation hit me.

"Erik?" I choked out, he was sitting at our usual table with Sophie's tongue down his throat. My friends come towards me to try and comfort me but it just wasn't working.

"He's an asshole, let's leave okay we can call it a day." Terry and Lucy say trying to comfort me. I don't even know why this bothered me so much - I see them all the time. Maybe it was the fact that he took her to our spot. Or maybe it wasn't special at all - maybe that's where he took all the girls. A small tear escaped my left eye as we were walking out the mall.

"Hey its okay, you have me now okay? Forget about that jerk." Jake said wiping the tears away with the pads of his thumbs.

"Thank you," I said looking up at him. He was right I do have him - plus he is way better looking than Erik anyway... Okay maybe not.

We said our goodbyes and he drove us back in silence. After about ten minutes of silence I decided to switch the radio on. Paramore's still into you is playing. Which is really worsening my mood.

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you. Baby even on our worst nights I'm still into you."

That specific part of the song kept going round and round in my head until I felt almost dizzy. I reached out and just switched the radio off.

"I like that song," Jake says looking at me questionably.

"I do too, but I have a headache," I said touching my head. He nodded with understanding and we drove the rest of the way in silence.

~*~

"Is there an ice skating rank here?" He asks shouting from across the room as I was about to drift off to sleep.

"Yeah there is," I replied.

"Would you like to go tomorrow?" He asks.

"Just you and me?" I ask sitting up curious.

"Yeah, like a date." He says nervously.

"I'd love to," I reply back trying to hide my smile even though I know he can't see me.

"Great. Goodnight Jenifer," he says.

"Goodnight Jake, sweet dreams."
~*~

Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think - you know the drill :)