Chapter Fourteen: Clock It

Chad and I had gone back to his car to sleep because the ground wasn't that comfortable plus it was cold. I was woken up not by the beautiful sunrise in front of me but by my phone ringing.

"Hello." I answered groggily not looking to see who it was.

"Where the hell have you been? I've been trying to call you all morning!" I quickly could tell it was my mother, she sounded furious but also sad.

"I'm awake, I'm here. What is it mom?" I ask her.

"It's about the Williamson's honey." She said her voice cracking.

~*~

I sat in Chad's car looking outside the window trying to stop the tears from rolling down my face. I had told my mom that I was with Chad and that he would drive me to the next town over to where the Williamson's had gone.

Chad understood fully and was currently driving me there, we had stopped by a clothing store to buy some clothes because we looked too fancy in what we were wearing before - plus it was cold. He was now in tight fitting jeans and a long sleeved shirt that clung to his muscles and he wore a scarf and a jacket with a beanie as well. I was wearing thick stockings and a grey long sleeved tight cotton dress with a black coat that was knee length. I had small heeled boots and wore a grey scarf and a beanie over my head - I'd be taking selfies if I wasn't so sad.

"Pick it up." I say to Chad who had let his phone ring on for the fourth time now and it was irritating me.

"Dad." He said into the phone picking it up.

"Where the hell are you? You know you're not allowed to be out of the house without supervision!" I heard through the loud phone - geez strict parents.

"I know dad, the but this is an emergency, I promise I'll come straight back when everything is taken care of." He said looking at me.

"Do you have your medication?" His father asked Chad.

"Yes dad, I take it with me everywhere remember." He said into the phone trying to whisper.

"Good, be careful son." His dad said hanging up sounding very worried. I wanted to ask what medication and why his father was so worried but it wasn't my business to ask - so I didn't. My mind was too preoccupied with Jake at the moment - I missed him so much and all I wanted to do was be with him.

I had never felt so guilty in my life. I should've been at home, maybe then I would've been able to reach him sooner. I shouldn't have been with Chad, my mind should've been focused on Jake.

~*~

"Jen, we're here." Chad said waking me up from my not so pleasant slumber. It was in the afternoon and when I got out the car my legs felt like jelly. I saw the big red hospital letters above and I immediately was flushed with an empty feeling in my stomach. I reached my hand up and placed it on my heart where my necklace hung under my clothes. I could feel the outline of the heart and the words he had said to me only a couple days ago came rushing back into my head.

We walked inside and Chad squeezed my hand for comfort and when I saw the waiting room - Drake, and my parents were sitting there and came to hug me immediately.

"How are they?" I asked although only really concerned about Jake.

"Their all in emergency surgery right now but I'm sure they'll be okay honey." My mother said giving me a huge hug.

"Um guys this is Chad O'Brian." I said introducing him, "my brother Drake, my mother Beverly and my dad Bob."

"Nice to meet you." He said shaking my father and Drakes hand and hugging my mother.