chapter 4

*switching it up a little*
ETHAN'S POV

"Hayley, your friends here." I call through the door.

No answer.

Whatever. I don't even know what's going on with her lately. She doesn't talk to us that much anymore. And she's constantly doing something that gets her in trouble.

She's lucky I don't tell mom or dad any of it. Including that guy from the drama club she was getting all touchy with.

There was something off about him, just like all of the other drama nerds.

And to make things more complicated with her, was what occurred the other night. I don't even know what happened. She had to had been taking something she got from that party. Eyes don't just randomly turn red.

Then I'm pretty sure she was trying to scare me or something, making the door slam "on its own." Ooh. Scary. She's always been the pranking type.

I don't understand how I feel like I know everything about my sister yet barely know her anymore.

I walk back downstairs quickly.
"Found the bandages!" I say, on my way down.

"And we found dad's secret stash of Fudgesicles!" Jane yells excitedly, colliding into me.

The pants I just changed into are covered in chocolate.

"Aghh. Jane!" I say.

Great. I look like an idiot.

"Nice!" The girl says, walking up behind her, laughing. "I guess... now we're even."

Oh God.

"Here." I say quickly, handing her the box of bandages.

"Thanks." She smiles and takes them. "Is Hayley...?"

There's a knock on the door.

"Oh I got it-"

"No no no!" She yells, jumping in front of me, holding an umbrella.

What the hell is she doing?

Benny walks in and she calms down quickly.

"I got pop, chips, and the first season of The Bloodsucker Diaries. Who-" He stops when he sees Sarah, putting plastic vampire teeth in his mouth.

Sarah gives him a weird look.

"Where's your bathroom?" She asks suddenly, still giving him the weird look.

"Oh um... It's down that hall there to the left." I say awkwardly and pointing.

She walks by and I watch her go.

What was she doing with that umbrella?

"Dude... Is that your robo-babe from school?" Benny asks.

"Yes. I guess Erica couldn't come, so she came instead." I explain.

"So... She's like a substitute babe? Sweet!" He says enthusiastically.