Part 12-Garroth's Death... Or Not?

Aphmau's POV
-=+=-

I watch Zane pull his sword out of Garroth's back and laugh. "GARROTH!" I scream. I start running towards them. I reach Zane and slam my fist into his stomach, then just under his nose. He get's winded and his lip starts bleeding. I don't stop punching him. I knock his sword out of his hand and then I push him down. He looks like he can't breathe. I drop down on top of him and choke him. Laurence runs over and struggles to pull me off of Zane, yelling, "Aphmau! Stop! Don't kill him!" I make it hard for him to restrain me, but then he goes Shadowknight form. "L-Laurence...?!" I say, looking up. He got about a foot taller and stronger. He has me perfectly still and I can't even move my arms. "He's breathing heavily and has his eyes closed. I can tell he's trying not to loose control. "Laurence...." I mutter. "Garroth!" I yell, and surprise Laurence. He let's go of me and I run to Garroth, forgetting about Zane. I drop to my knees. He isn't breathing. "Garroth! Wh-why!?" I yell, in tears. I hold his neck in my arms and sob. I hear Laurence return to normal and he rushes over, and drops down beside me. He has a few tears down his cheek and his eyes are red. He grabs Garroth's hand and squeezes it. "Garroth... S-squeeze my hand if you can hear me... Pl-please.." Laurence mumbles with a quavering voice. He doesn't respond. ".....Th-this ca-can't be ha-happening..." He mutters. Laurence can't control his tears and starts sobbing along with me. Cadenza and the others run up to us. Zoey, Levin, and Malachi are standing behind me. Zoey's in tears and Levin keeps mumbling, "...Gar Gar?" with no response. Cadenza is shaking and crying. Malachi looks stunned. A tear rolls down his cheek. I hold Garroth close to my chest and kiss his cheek. "I'm... I'm so... so, so sorry.." I mumble. I continue to cry. "This is all my fault... If I had never come to Phoenix Drop.... Maybe he wouldn't... be...." I sob. Laurence wraps his arm around me and tries to stop sobbing. "...I-It w-wouldn't matter. At least... At least Phoenix Drop has... A good lord.." he says between tears. I hug him and cry into his shirt. I look back down at Garroth and grab his hand. "I am... so... incredibly sorry..." I mutter. Laurence stands and wipes his eyes. He sighs and yells out, "Okay! Someone, help me get this.... filthy heartless.... Gah, just help me take him to the dungeon. Please." Laurence says and nods to the limp Zane laying on the ground. He tries not to look at his face as he picks Zane up bridal-style. I watch them as they march off to the dungeon. I look back down at Garroth. A few more tears roll down my cheek and I stand. "Zoey, help me please." I mutter to her. She walks over and helps me hoist Garroth up. He's a lot heavier than he looks. We carry him off to the infirmary and lay him down on the bed. I have hope that maybe.. Just maybe, a miracle will happen. I pull a chair up beside him and hold his hand. I won't give up. I'm not loosing him again.
-=+=-
Laurence's POV
-=+=-

I'm carrying this stupid, heartless... filthy scum to his rightfully deserved prison cell. I toss him down on the bed and he flinches. I growl and leave, slamming the cell door behind me. I walk to the guard training station and practice on a dummy. Since I'm really angry right now I punch it as hard as I can. I punch it a little too hard, and make my knuckle bleed. I shake it off and continue punching it as hard as I can. After a few minutes both my knuckles are bleeding. I go back inside for a few minutes and wrap my knuckles in a bandage and then go back to the dummy. I keep punching and mumbling things under my breath. I get tired of punching and punch it one more time, and even harder than the rest. "Gah! Okay... Shouldn't of done that..." I mutter as tears come to my eyes. I think I sprained my wrist. I hold my wrist and walk to the infirmary. I figured that Zoey would be there. I was right. I walk inside and she's standing by the sink, watching Aphmau and Garroth. "Hey, Zoey, do you think you could help me out here? I think I sprained my wrist." I whisper. I accidentally glance at Garroth laying limp on the bed and my eyes start stinging. I snap my head back and bite my lip. Zoey nods and gently wraps my wrist up in a bandage. I thank her and walk over to Aphmau. She is crying with her head buried in Garroth's chest. I put my hand on her shoulder and sigh. I close my eyes, trying not to look at Garroth... I gulp and open them and stare at Garroth. I blink back tears. He isn't breathing, he's just laying there. I shut my eyes again. Maybe this is just... A really vivid nightmare. Y-yeah! I think. After a minute a few tears escape and roll down my cheek. Someone knocks on the door. I answer it. Lucinda is standing there, holding a small bouquet. She was tapping her fingers on her leg anxiously. I let her in and she leans up against the wall. She shifts uncomfortably. I can tell she's trying really hard not to look at Garroth. She notices me staring. "It's.. It's just that... I have trouble... l-looking.. at..." she says and blushes. I nod, I understand how she feels. "Oh.. uh.. These are for Garroth.. Do you mind?" she asks and holds the flowers out. I take them and put them in a vase beside Garroth's bedside. Lucinda glances up and jumps. "I- uh... Need to go." she whispers, looking queasy. I smirk and watch her run out covering her mouth. I look back at Garroth and I can't keep from tearing up. I bite my lip and walk over to the other side of Garroth. I grab his hand and squeeze it. (That doesn't sound creepy, right? I didn't think it did, but sorry if it does.) I let go and head for the door. Aphmau sniffs and squeezes his hand. Suddenly a blinding light illuminates the room.....