One- summoned

Inside a house, a young brown haired girl was trying hard not to giggle as her brother slept on the bed beside her. She took out a feather from her pocket. Reaching up, she used the feather to tickle his nose, causing him to twitch. "Ugh..Wha-" he sneezed loudly, sitting upright. "What the- Emma!" He exclaimed as she laughed, feather still in hand.

A mischievous grin spread across his face as he got up. "Got you!" He yelled, tickling her. She squealed with laughter as he tickled her. "Sto-stop! Jack, can't breathe!" She laughed. Jack smirked, stopping. "What was that for?" He asked.

"Punzie said lunch was ready, and you were sleeping, so..." She grinned widely. "I did this!" She reached up, tickling his nose again.

He laughed, swiping it away. He paused, noticing the colour of the feather. It was black. His expression changed instantly. "Emma, where did you find this?" He asked.

"It was outside, in the garden. Why?" She asked.

He got up instantly, heading to the kitchen. "Punzie!" He called.

The blonde haired girl looked up at him. "What's wrong, Jack?" She asked.

"You need to hide, now!" He said, pulling her arm.

"What?!" She exclaimed.

He showed her the feather. "They're coming! Go to the room, you too, Emma." He said. "Go, hurry!"

"But what about you?" Rapunzel asked, taking Emma's hand.

"I'll be fine. Now go!" He ordered. Emma shook her head, clinging to him. "No! I'm not going without you!" She said.

He sighed. "Emma-"

"No! Every time they come , they'll take you away! What if you don't come back this time?" Emma cried.

Jack knelt down. "Emma, they won't be able to harm me. You and Punzie have to hide, I can't let them take you away, alright?" He smiled encouragingly. "Even if they take me away, I'll always come back."

"Promise?" Emma asked.

Jack nodded. "Promise." He said, kissing her forehead. "Be a good girl, ok?" She nodded. "Punzie?" He looked over at her, pulling her into a hug. "Be careful." He whispered.

Rapunzel nodded and took Emma's hand, running to the back of the house, her long braid behind her. As soon as the door bolted and the entrance was safely hidden, Jack took a deep breath, walking outside.

A man wearing a dark cloak stood outside, waiting for him. "Jackson Overland Frost." He said tonelessly. "The King wishes to see you."

"Lets go." Jack said.

~~~

The Nightmare King's castle was the same as it always was. Dark and full of shadows. The King sat on the throne, looking up as the double doors opened. "Jack Frost! How nice of you to come on such short notice." He smirked.

Jack glared at him. "Like I had a choice, Pitch." He spat. "What do you want now?"

Pitch frowned. "You should learn to drop the attitude, Frost. I'd hate it if something happened to that Dragon rider friend of yours, if you know what I mean?" His eyes glinted.

Jack grit his teeth. "What do you want, King?"

"Hmm. I have a job for you, Jack." Pitch said. "And I expect you to finish it, unlike that last one."

"You said that that would be the last time!" Jack yelled. "I have had enough! I will not do your dirty work, King or not!"

Pitch's eyes narrowed. "Fine. Have it your way. Leave." He said. "But if you change your mind...."

"I won't." Jack said, leaving.

Pitch sneered. "Oh, I believe you will, Frost." He said as the doors closed behind him.

---///----

WHOOOO FOURTH BOOK!!

More will be revealed in next chapter!

I've only got the general outline of the story thought up, and I've still got to think up some Merricup scenes....

Hope you like this story too! :)