Fifteen- frostbite

A grunt escaped Merida as she was thrown out of the shadow, landing onto the cold floor. She scrambled to her feet, looking around. "A cell?" She was inside something resembling a dungeon cell, at the top of a tower, it seemed.

An all too familiar roar echoed from outside the castle, and Merida dashed to the window, scrambling to take a look through the bars. An enraged Night Fury was wreaking havoc, blasting at the guards, and a tower had already fallen. "Toothless!" She screamed, as loud as she could. The dragon looked in her direction, and with a final blast at the guards, it flew towards her.

She scrambled out of the way as the next fireball tore through the wall. She coughed, running towards Toothless. The dragon looked at her. "Hiccup's..." She shook her head. He wasn't gone. No, he wasn't gone. Not yet. Not if she could do anything about it. She climbed onto Toothless's back. "Come on, Toothless." She said. "Lets go get Hiccup." She urged the dragon on.

As they got to the tower, a low growl could be heard. Not a good sign. Merida climbed off Toothless's back, going into the room. "Hic?" She called cautiously. A splash. She looked down. She had stepped into a puddle.

The ice was melting. Gothel's frozen body was still encased in the ice. Drops of water ran down along the surface of the slowly melting ice. As for the frozen Hiccup-fearling...

It's eyes were open, glaring at her through the ice. "Hic?" She called. The growling started again. The ice started to crack as it tried to move its claws.

"Uh oh." She whispered as the ice cracked further, until it finally broke free. A snarl escaped the fearling as it broke out of the ice. Shadows shot through the ice covered floor, towards Merida.

They stopped in front of her. She could see its face, up close, she could see its mismatched eyes perfectly. Gold and green. The gold eye glared at her, but there was a flicker of confusion in the green eye as it stared at her face.

It looked conflicted.

"Hiccup?" She whispered, reaching for its face.

It blinked, an almost startled expression on its face. It snarled, showing it's pointed teeth, backing away. "....don't." It forced out. "Don't...touch."

She stared at it in amazement. "You...talked." She said slowly.

"Merida. You need to go." It forced out.

"What? No, I'm not leaving. Not without you." She said, taking a step closer.

It snarled, a guttural sound. Its eyes seemed to gleam gold, both of them. A second later, one was green again. "I can't....control myself." It growled, clutching its head. "So... Go. Now."

"Hiccup-"

"Merida!" It snarled. "Get out!!" It squeezed its eyes close tightly.

"Hiccup?!"

"Go!" It let out a roar, a full blown roar, a fearling roar. It's eyes flew open, and there wasn't a trace of Hiccup left in those bright golden eyes. Shadows shot up everywhere, flying towards her.

She sprinted away, climbing onto Toothless's back. The dragon took to the skies, away from the shadows.

The snarls and roars echoed from the tower.

~~~

Pitch scowled, watching as the Night Fury flew away, with Merida on its back. "Idiots. Can't even handle a dragon...and that princess." He took a deep breath. "Well, I'll deal with that later." He turned towards Rapunzel. "First, you." Rapunzel glared at him. "You look exactly like your mommy. Except for your hair of course. She was a brunette- both of your parents were." He said.