Seven - wisps in the forest

Hic sighed, looking at Jack's arm, a worried look on his face. "This isn't good...." He muttered.

"You think?" Jack coughed.

"How are you feeling?" Merida asked from Hic's side.

Jack looked at her. "What, are you worried about me?" He smirked slightly. "Guess I must look like crap then. Or worse."

It had been two days, and Jack's arm wasn't getting any better. The Mage was burning with fever, and the spot had spread along his arm, up to his shoulder. Hiccup knew that there wasn't going to be much time before the hallucinations started, and that he had to find a way to stop the spreading, fast.

Merida had never seen this sort of Shadow before, but she knew it wasn't good if it spread any faster. "We should find a doctor." She suggested.

Jack laughed. "None of your non-magic doctors are going to help here, princess." He said.

"He's right." Hiccup said. "For this, well, only witches or mages can cure it. Temporarily. Only Pitch Black can get rid of it completely." He grit his teeth.

"Which he won't, since I haven't brought him his 'prize' yet." Jack said, glancing at Merida. "Pitch Black doesn't do anything for free."

"He'd more likely watch you die rather than help you, and everyone knows it." Hiccup said.

"True." Jack said. He winced, clutching his head. Hiccup's brow furrowed in worry. "I'm fine." Jack muttered. "Just need a bit of rest."

Hiccup sighed. "Fine. I'll go get some water." He glanced at Merida. "Stay with him." He said simply, leaving.

After he left, Jack looked at Merida. "You look a fright." He smirked."You know, I bet if Punzie was here, she'd be going on and on about your hair." He said.

Merida raised an eyebrow. Was he delirious? "Who's Punzie?" She asked.

"Rapunzel." He sighed. "She used to live in a forest like this....in a tall, tall tower too... She is the gentlest, kindest, most beautiful person I know." He smiled. "And a great cook." His smile faded. "I should've been more careful..." His voice trailed off.

Merida looked at him. His head drooped, and his eyes closed. Asleep.

Hiccup walked in, bottle in hand. He smiled slightly, seeing Merida.

"Hey, Hic.." Merida said hesitantly. "That girl you were talking about, that the shadow king took from him...was her name...Rapunzel?"

Hiccup nodded. "Did he tell you that?"

"Yeah." Merida said. "He sounds like he loves her."

"He does." Hiccup smiled. "He just doesn't like to show it, but he does."

"Does she love him?"

Hiccup thought about it. "Sure seems like it." He said. "They're both crazy for each other....but they don't...express it out loud." He said. "Why are you asking?"

She shrugged. "Just because." She paused. "Um, Hic?"

"Yeah?"

She took a deep breath. "Hiccup, what if I told you I knew a witch who lives in this forest?"

~~~

"So, how exactly do you know this witch again?" Hiccup asked, steering Toothless as they flew through the sky.

"She gave me a cake that turned my mother and brothers into bears." She grinned bashfully. Jack roared with laughter behind her. "But she might not live there...and to tell the truth, I'm not really sure where her house is..."

"How did you find it the last time?" Hiccup asked.

"Will o wisps." She said.

"Will o what?!" Hiccup asked.

A hint of Blue caught Merida's eye. "Wisps!!" She yelled.

"No need to yell..." Hiccup groaned, his ears ringing.

"Down there! Wisps!" Merida said, pointing. "Follow them!"

"What are they?" Hiccup muttered, staring at them. Nonetheless, he steered Toothless down, closer to the ground so they could see the wisps properly.

"They're supposed to lead you to your fate." Jack said matter-of-factly.

"Is that good, or bad?" Hiccup asked warily.

"Depends on what your fate is, how would I know?!" Jack said.

"It's a good thing! Now follow them, they're starting to disappear!" Merida yelled.

"Alright, alright, stop yelling in my ear!" Hiccup yelled, steering Toothless. Following the wisps, they reached a grassy clearing amongst the trees, where a little house stood. "Is that....?" Hiccup started.

"Yup. That's the house, alright." Merida said.

"Lets go." Hiccup said, helping Jack.

----------

It's been so long since the last update, so sorry!

Exams are still going on, but I was free today, and inspiration kinda hit, so here you have it, another chapter. Sorry if it's a bit short.....

Two more weeks of exams, and I'm FREE!!!! See you soon!