Sixteen- is he the one with the Night Fury?

As her vision cleared, the first thing Merida was aware of, was the chill in the room. The coldness. Pitch Black was nowhere to be seen.

Then Emma's shriek, as she ran towards a pale body lying on the ground.

A white haired, pale boy. "Jack?"

Rapunzel knelt down beside him, shaking him, trying to wake him. "No, no..." She bit her lip, pulling her hair. "Flower gleam and glow," she sang. "Let your power shine." Her hair started to glow, startling Merida.

"Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine." The hair glowed, and the golden glow seemed to seep into the ground, to the walls. The leftover shadows fizzled away when the golden glow reached them. Merida gasped, watching as the glow spread.

"Heal what has been hurt, change the fates design." Rapunzel continued to sing. "Save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine," she looked at Jack's face. "What once was mine." She finished.

As she finished singing, Merida could see some colour return to Jack's face, but his hair still remained the same white colour. Emma looked down at her brother, a hopeful expression on her face. "Jack?" Rapunzel called.

He opened his eyes slowly, looking up at them. "Hey Punz." He gave a slight grin.

"Jack!!" Emma shrieked, launching herself at him. He hugged her. "Your hair is white!" Emma said. "And your eyes!"

"Well, what do you think, Ems? Does it suit me?" He asked. Emma laughed at him. He ruffled her hair cheekily, then turned to Rapunzel. "Punzie.." He started.

She hugged him tightly. "Don't scare me like that again." She whispered. "I thought..."

He hugged her. "It's alright. It's over." He said. "It's finally over."

~~~

Merida sighed, looking outside her window. She was back in DunBroch. It had been two weeks since Pitch had been defeated. The minute the news reached Fergus, he had immediately set off for Burgess, and brought Merida back to DunBroch. That had been two days after Pitch's defeat.

Hiccup had returned to his human form after Pitch's defeat, but he had remained in a comatose state. He still hadn't woken up when she had left. She wished she hadn't left.

A knock on the door pulled her attention away from her thoughts. Elinor stood in the doorway. "Merida? We have a guest." She said.

"I'll be right there." Merida said, getting up. She walked downstairs, wondering who the guest was. It had better not be Lord Macintosh and the others...she thought silently as she pushed the doors open.

Green eyes turned to meet hers. "Merida-" he started.

"Hiccup!" She ran to him, hugging him tightly. He let out an oof, before hugging her back. "You're ok!" She said.

Fergus cleared his throat loudly. Merida looked at her parents, then let go of Hic quickly. She laughed nervously, standing before her parents. "Mom, dad, this is Hic." She said, gesturing at Hiccup. "He's, um...a dragon rider."

"A Viking." Elinor said, looking at him.

Fergus narrowed his eyes at him, causing Hic to swallow nervously. "Is he the one with the Night Fury?" He asked.

"Um....yes?" Merida said nervously.

He stared at Hic. "You have five minutes to get out of here before I decide to lock you up for kidnapping my daughter."

"Dad!" Merida protested.

"Five minutes!" Fergus shouted. Elinor sighed, shaking her head. "Just go." She said.

Merida grabbed Hiccup's arm, pulling him out of the room. "So....I take it your parents don't like me?" Hiccup said.

"In their defence, you did kidnap me." Merida said. "But they'll get over it. Eventually."

Hiccup sighed. "Hopefully." He said. "Anyway..." He reached into his pocket. "Here. Rapunzel asked me to give this to you." He handed her a letter. "It's kinda the only reason they even let me through the gates."

Merida opened the envelope. "Coronation...?"