Two- assignment

Something was up. Jack knew, firsthand, that Pitch Black never gave up that easily. But what could it be? None of the guards had attempted to stop him, no shadowy fearlings on his trail... He pushed the door to the house open.

The moment Jack stepped inside, he knew something was wrong. Usually Emma would be rushing out to greet him by now. And the house seemed...oddly quiet. He ran over to the back of the house, where the secret room was-

He stopped. "No." The door had been blasted open. "Emma?! Punzie!!" He shouted, looking for them. There wasn't anyone inside. He bent down, picking up the black feather from the ground. He grit his teeth angrily.

"Pitch Black..." He growled.

He grabbed his staff, storming back to the castle.

As expected, the guards stood by, letting him pass into the castle. He threw the doors open. "PITCH!!" He roared. "Where are they?!"

Pitch looked up. "Who?" He smirked.

The smirk infuriated him further. "You know who I'm talking about." Jack growled, gripping the staff. "Where. Are. They?!" The temperature seemed to take a dive as he bristled angrily.

Pitch frowned. "Hmm. Getting a bit too chilly for my taste, Frost."

"I'd happily turn this place into a chunk of ice if you don't tell me where they are!"

Pitch sighed. "Fine." He snapped his fingers. Two guards came out, half dragging Rapunzel and Emma. "Jack!" Emma cried.

"Let them go!" Jack shouted. A jet of ice shot past Pitch's cheek, leaving a scratch. Several guards appeared and held him back while another took his staff from him. Pitch walked over to him, taking the staff in his hands. "Let them go, they have nothing to do with this!" Jack shouted, struggling to get loose.

"On the contrary, Jack." Pitch said. "You see, you wouldn't do what I asked you to do, so I though you needed a bit more....encouragement." He twirled the staff around. "Sure, I'd be happy to let the little girl go, but this one," he stopped in front of Rapunzel, tipping her face upwards for him to see. "She's quite a different story altogether." He sneered.

"Green eyes, long blonde hair that has never been cut before in her life. And the power to heal wounds and bring back ones youth." Pitch continued. "She's certainly a prize, Jack, where did you find her?"

Jack grit his teeth. "Get your hands off her!" He snarled.

Pitch smirked. "See, this is exactly how we're going to do this, Jack." He said. "You will finish this final last job for me, and this time, no mistakes. You may take that dragon rider boy with you, you'd probably need him."

"And if I refuse?" Jack spat.

"Well, that's easy." He pointed the staff at Emma. "You will never see your precious little sister ever again."

Jack glared at him hatefully. "However. If you do this, I am willing to return her to you, along with darling little Rapunzel here." Pitch continued. "No tricks involved. Well? Do we have a deal?"

Jack grit his teeth, closing his eyes. "Yes." He said. "We have a deal."

"Perfect." Pitch said. He snapped his fingers. The guards grabbed the girls, pulling them away.

"Where are you taking us?!" Rapunzel yelled.

"To your rooms." Pitch said. "You will both be my guests while Jack here finishes his assignment. Don't worry, Jack. They will be...safe, here." He smirked. The guards let him go, and Pitch tossed his staff back to him. "Onto your assignment." Pitch said. "Don't worry, it's quite easy for a Mage of your caliber."

"Just get on with it." Jack said.

Pitch rolled his eyes. "Fine." He said. "What I want you to do is-"

~~~

"-kidnap a princess?!" Hiccup exclaimed in shock. "Are you joking?!"

"Unfortunately, no." Jack said. "I haven't even told you the 'fun' part yet. She's the princess of DunBroch."

Hiccup stared at him. "He is getting crazy." He muttered.

"Look, Hic, I need your help for this one." Jack said.

"The last time I helped you with one of these assignments that King gives you, I lost a leg, Jack." Hic said. "Sorry, but I'd like to keep the other one."

Jack sighed. "He has Punzie and Emma." He said.

Hiccup paused and turned to look at him. "What?"

"He took them, Hic. And unless I finish this I might never see either one of them ever again." Jack said. "This will be my last assignment, Hic. I just need your help this one last time."

Hiccup sighed. "Guess I can't refuse now." He muttered. "Do you even have a plan in mind?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." Jack said. "And I'll tell you on the way."