Fourteen- shadow witch

Merida's eyes widened as he looked at the huge chunk of ice. "Wait!" She yelled, standing in between them.

He looked at her, surprised. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm not letting you hurt Hic!" She said.

His eyes narrowed. "Step aside, Merida." He said, raising his staff.

"No!" She shouted stubbornly.

He groaned in frustration. "Gods..." He ran his fingers through his hair. "There isn't time for this! Move!" He shouted.

"I am not moving, Frost!" She shouted. "This is Hiccup we're talking about! You can't kill him!"

"Then what other choice do we have?!" He shouted. "I don't want to have to kill him either, but I can't just leave him like that either! Not as a fearling! He never would've wanted this!" He shook his head. "Better I just finish him off now, painlessly."

"Then you'll have to go through me." She said, drawing the sword.

"Merida."

"I can't let you kill him." She said. "He's still in there, Jack. I know he is." She raised the sword. "And I'm not giving up on him just yet."

Jack looked at her hard. "Damnit." He growled. "DAMNIT!!" He shouted, ice shooting out in all directions. Taking a deep breath, he looked at her again. "Fine." He said. "I'll take your word for it." He sighed, lowering his staff. Merida heaved a sigh of relief.

A bored yawn echoed throughout the room. "Oh, all this drama. It bores me to tears." A shadow materialised in the middle of the room. "Really, darling, you waste so much time trying to decide on such trivial matters." Gothel's form materialised from the shadow. "When this could've ended so much faster." She continued. "Kill the fearling, don't kill the fearling, kill the fearling-" she yawned. "Utterly boring."

She glanced at Jack. "Why, Frost. You're starting to look a bit pale." She smirked. "Though I must say, blue eyes do suit you. If I didn't hate you, I'd say you were handsome."

"Thanks, I know I'm handsome, you didn't have to mention it." Jack smirked. Merida pretended to gag.

"Hmph." Gothel glanced at Merida. "Enough small talk. Your cockiness and attitude are annoying." She said, looking at Jack.

"Ow. My feelings are hurt." Jack said.

She laughed. "Your feelings won't be the only things that will be hurt after this is over." The shadows flew up around her, enveloping her completely, only to fall away a second later. And Gothel was gone.

"Where did she go?" Merida asked, looking around wildly.

A shadow shot up behind her, and from that shadow, an arm reached out, pulling Merida into the shadow. "Merida!" Jack shouted, flying at the shadow. It vanished as soon as it appeared.

"Don't worry." Gothel said from behind him, emerging from a shadow. "She's fine. I wouldn't hurt her- not really. The king still has use for her. You on the other hand..." She twirled the knife in her hand. "You've outlived your usefulness, since you don't want to do his work for him anymore." She said. "Can't blame you, really. No one likes to get their hands dirty, after all."

A shadow shot out, and Jack shot it, causing it to explode into ice flakes. "I don't usually enjoy getting my hands dirty, but in your case-" shadows rose from the ground. "I think I'll make an exception." She grinned. The shadows shot towards Jack. He grit his teeth, shooting them down.

"I don't want to waste my time on you, witch." He snarled. "So how about we just end this?"

"Hmm..." She had a thoughtful expression on her face. "That's not my style... But. I've waited two years to kill you, so..." She vanished, the shadow enveloping her. She reappeared, directly in front of Jack, her dagger enveloped in shadows.

He grinned.

Ice exploded out of the staff, freezing everything, covering every surface of the room. "Exactly as I expected." He said, looking at the now frozen Gothel. "You'll freeze to death in about ten minutes, so I think I'll leave you here." He said. "It's not my style, but I hate you, so...enjoy your final moments."

Turning on his heel, he walked out of the frozen room, never looking back.