Eight- the witch

"Should we knock?" Merida asked. Hiccup shrugged. "Couldn't hurt, right?" He said, knocking on the door. The door swung open by itself, and they walked in cautiously. "Hello?" Hiccup called.

"Yes, what is it?" A voice called from the back of the house.

"We were wondering if you could help us." Hiccup said.

"Are you lost? Just follow the river to get back to the kingdom, you'll reach it eventually." She called back.

Merida cleared her throat. "Actually, we need a spell." She said.

There was a slight pause, and a crash. An old lady walked out from the back, frowning as she looked Merida over. "You again? If it's another spell to change your fate that you're looking for-"

"No, not that sort of spell." Merida said quickly. Who knew what would happen if Jack turned into a bear....

"It's my friend." Hiccup cut in. "Can you help him?"

The witch looked at Jack's arm. "Fearling attack." She frowned.

"Yes, can you help him?" Hiccup asked.

"No. Like I told you before," she glanced at Merida. "I don't do spells anymore. Too many unsatisfied customers."

"I'll pay you." Merida said.

The witch chortled. "You wouldn't have enough to pay for it, princess or not." She said. "Healing spells like these, especially these, do not come cheap. Not at all."

"What's your price?" Hiccup asked.

The witch thought about it. "Buy all of me wood carvings, and throw in a dragon's egg." She said.

"A dragon's egg?!" Hiccup exclaimed. "What do you want with a dragon's egg?"

"None of yer business, is it now, Viking?" The witch said. "So, what's it gonna be?"

Merida looked at Hic. "The dragon egg will come later." She said, taking her silver necklace off. "Here." She handed the necklace to the witch.

"Fine." The witch said. "Now, both of ye, out!" She said, the broom sweeping them out. "Wait outside and keep quiet until I'm done!"

Hiccup got up, dusting off his clothes. "Can we trust her?" He asked.

Merida shrugged. "Yes. She'll do the spell, but well, what happens next is anyone's guess..." She muttered, remembering what had happened the last time.

"He won't turn into a bear, right?" Hiccup asked, raising an eyebrow.

Merida bit her lip. "Well....hopefully not." She said.

Hiccup groaned. "I wonder how I'm going to explain to Emma if her brother turns into a bear...."

~~~

A while later, the door opened, and the witch came out. "How did it go?" Hiccup asked.

"Your friend is fine." She said. "The sooner you leave the better. I'll be expecting my dragon egg soon, boy." Hiccup nodded, going into the house. The witch turned to look at Merida. "So, how are you finding your fate, my dear?" She asked.

"It's...alright." Merida said.

"Hmm. I can imagine plenty of reasons why the princess would be with two mercenaries from the shadow king's realm, but I won't say any of them." The witch said. "How did you find my house again?"

"The wisps led me here." Merida said.

"I see." She smiled. "Then there's nothing to worry about. If the wisps led you here, then it must've been yer fate to find me to help that boy. Fate led you to each other, but I don't know what else fate has in store for you. But I do have some advice for you, princess. Trust the wisps. Follow the wisps, and they'll lead you to your fate." She said. "Safe travels, princess." She smiled slightly, heading back inside as Hic helped Jack out.

Merida smiled. "How are you feeling, Frost?" She asked.

"Better." Jack said. "Thanks. We should...go. Make up for lost time." He said uncomfortably.

Merida looked at the ground. "Yeah." She said, getting on Toothless's back. "Lets go."

-------

Not really sure how the witch would be like...I only watched Brave twice, and it feels like a zillion years ago, so.....yeah. Hope you liked the chapter.

( I'm thinking of changing the title of the story, cuz I don't think it really fits....and partly because I have another story thought out that seems to fit it better xD )