3. Sneak out

Dan's POV

It was silent. The kind of silent where it was awkward to look eachother in the eye. "Aurora? Please say something." I beg. She looked at me with her beautiful green eyes, observing me just for a second. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. Her eyes looked back at me, she chuckled for a second and leaned in, our lips connecting and slowly going in sync. This time we were sober to feel it. I though it was bullshit when people felt like there was fireworks going off, but now I know for sure it wasn't. This girl took me into another world, this kind of euphoria was foreign to me but I loved it.

I moved a bit further from the edge so there wasn't any risk of falling. She straddled me, and hung her arms around my shoulder. "I love you too Dan." She said inbetween kisses. I accidentally lean a little far back and we ended up falling over, she giggles. Oh that laugh, a laugh that could cure sickness and sadness. Oh how I've waited for this moment.

We went back into her house and lay on her bed. "Aurora." I say, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?"

"I know we've been bestfriends all our life, and being in a relationship could potentially ruin our friendship but I'm willing to take that risk, so, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, you idiot." She smiled. "Are you doing anything tomorrow Dan?". I shook my head."Well, since we don't have school tomorrow I'm thinking about going on a drive. I need to clear my head." She checked her watch. 3am. "Y'know what? Let's go now, I'll get my stuff."

She stuffed some clothes into her bag, went down to the kitchen and stuffed some food in there too. I quickly climbed over and put some clothes in my bag. I climbed down from my bedroom window and onto the ground. "Throw it!" I whisper-yelled. She threw down her duvet and her pillows. "Fuck." We whispered in unison, one of the lights in my house went on. "It's probably just Franny." I said. "Hurry up, let's go!"

We ran to her car and burst into giggles. "Well done Danny boy, yet another successful sneak out.". Our first stop was McDonald's to get some coffee.

"Er right, where are going exactly?"

She shrugged. "Wherever you want Dan. You're the driver."

"Well I don't know where we are going so if we get lost, you're getting eaten first."

"That's nice Dan." She said, putting a CD in the radio. She put on Fall Out Boy and belted out the lyrics. I smiled, I wanted to be like this forever. Carefree.

+

After two hours of driving we settled down in a motel. "Here are your keys." The owner said. Not the fanciest thing, but we figured out that the backseat of my car wasn't exactly the most comfortable.

We entered the room, there wasn't much, a queen bed, a couch, mini fridge and a TV. The room looked extremely familiar, I just couldn't put a finger on it.

"Oh my god, you know what this reminds me of?" Aurora blurts out.

"What?"

"The Great Northern in Twin Peaks." She smiled.

+

"Cmon Rora we have to get back on the roa-" a ding interrupted me, I sat up, whilst Aurora checked her phone. "Who is it?"
"It's my mum." She said, holding the phone to my face.

Mother bear: aurora, where are you?

Aurora: me and dan have gone for a drive, we'll be back by Sunday.

Mother bear: oh okay, Isla was just asking. Stay safe hun, drive carefully. Love you x

"Well let's get going." I say as I put my jeans on.

+

We drove to a place unknown to us. We found a hill and made our way to it, we got all of our food and sat under the single tree that stood there. It was beautiful, we were in the countryside so seas of green surrounded us. I leaned on the tree, sitting with my legs spread out as Aurora laid her head on my legs and took a moment to breath in the fresh air. I played with her midnight black hair, attempting to braid it, but failing miserably.

"It's beautiful Dan." She whispers. I whisper back "I know."
"Have you got any new songs?"
I blush, "Er I'll show you when we get home, I kinda need the piano for it."

Her eyes lit up as she heard the song. "Oh my god Rhythm of the Night is playing! Dan this used to be our favourite song!" She laughed.

She went over to the car and turned up the volume. She danced freely, hair flying everywhere and constantly giggling. I admired her from afar and laughed silently. How can anybody NOT fall in love with her?

She stuck out her hand to pull me up. "Cmon Danny, let's dance!" I hesitate just for a second but her smile, oh her smile, her smile could make anyone do anything she wanted.

We danced horribly and carelessly for god knows how long. We now had about 15 Polaroids from this day alone, pictures of Aurora dancing and laughing made up half of them, the other half was blurry photos of me doing the same. I smiled, I knew I wanted to spend my whole life with her.