14. London

Aurora's POV

Honestly all I wanted to do was get off this stupid freeway, turn back and go home. But it's okay there's enough holidays for me to be with my family, right? I mean I'm going back home to Leeds in like 3 weeks anyways for Dan's birthday anyways. So I don't need to stress.

+

After the long drive I finally arrived at London, I know I'm not supposed to be here for like another 5 weeks or something but I just wanted to get settled in, get to know people, make some friends y'know?

I check my sheet of paper and see that im in the East block of dorms, room 234. I make my way there, observing the school ground. A few moments later I'm face to face with a dull off-white door with the numbers '234' on it. I knock, but no answer. I knock again and I hear someone rushing to the door, revealing a tall blonde girl in a hoo.die and leggings.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you" she said, "And you...must be my new roommate! Welcome, come in um.."

"Aurora, I'm Aurora."

"Oh right, I knew that. Come in Aurora" she chuckled. I dragged in my suitcase and set it down next to the door frame. "So, uh that's where you'll be sleeping." she pointed to the bunk bed with the couch under it. "I personally don't like bunk beds so I'll get this one" She pointed to the single bed on the opposite side of the room. "Oh, I'm Kelsey by the way"

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"So, you from around here?" Kelsey asks.

I shook my head, "I'm from Leeds."

"oooh" she said, asking me more questions.

+

As the night was approaching Kelsey offered to buy me some pizza as a welcoming present.

We sat face to face on the ground, the pizza inbetween us. We were firing questions back and forth, giggling like little girls.

She wiggled her eyebrows "So, Aurora, have anyone special in your life?"

I blush, "Uh-"

"Ooh Aurora's got a little boyfriend" she teased.

I giggle, "His name is Dan, but he's back in Leeds"

She wiggles her eyebrows once again "I have a box of condoms in that drawer over there If your man decides to come over anytime soon."

I die of laughter, I quickly cover my mouth so the people from the dorms around us don't file a complaint. I playfully hit her on the arm and continue to giggle about it.

"Can I ask as to why you have a box of condoms in your drawer?"

She shrugs "Last roommate gave them to me and said the same thing, she's graduated but I guess it's a ritual now."

That causes me to laugh even more. "What? I'm not even joking she actually said the same thing I said to you."

I felt my phone start to vibrate in my pocket. I check the caller iD and to my surprise it's Dan!

"Helloo" I smile.

"Hey, how's London?"

"It's pretty good, already made a friend"

"Haha, that's good to hear. By the way I might be coming down this weekend"

I gasp "Are you for real! Oh my god yes Dan! We can go into London and go see Big Ben and do all that stuff. I'm so excited!"

I hear a small laugh come from him. "Anyways, I've got to get going, I'm going to Kyle's"

"Bye loser."

"I miss your disgusting face already, aw, love you"

"Love you too shithead"

Kelsey claps, "That was the most romantic thing I've ever overheard. 'Shithead' wow, I must admit Aurora, you are my relationship goals."

"Thanks man, I really appreciate that" I nod.