15. Library

Dan's POV

Friday morning.

The train ride to London, not the most exciting thing I must say. Aurora's going to pick me up any minute now, I think she's stuck in traffic, it is 6am after all and everyone and their grandmother is rushing to work.

I feel a buzzing sensation on my leg, I squint in confusion and quickly realise it's my phone. Right, 6am me isn't really the smartest.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Yo Dan sorry I'm late, what are you wearing? There's a lot of people here."

"A frown."

"Not helpful, but I've found you." She chuckled as she hung up. I quickly scramble past a whole heap of people and to her car.
"I missed you're ugly face" she giggled.

"I missed yours too"

"Well let's go get breakfast, you must be hungry"
I nod, I didn't eat this morning because in all honesty my stomach was filled with butterflies and that weird sick type feeling you get when you wake up extremely early in the morning (does anyone actually get that, or is that just me?), so I didn't eat.

+

She led me into a cute little coffee shop, it had a cozy and warm feeling to it, which was extremely comforting. We sat near the window and chatted away.
Though we had been apart for a few days she had endless things to say. Like how her roommate has a box of condoms in her drawer, and how cute her dorm is, and how London is so pretty. I smiled and indulged in everything she said.

"Sorry, I'm rambling now, I'll stop. Howard things back home?" She asks.

I shrug, "They're the same, but just without you I guess. I've been in bed binge watching films. But other than that nothing's really happened."
She smiled politely for a second.

"Oh shit, sorry Dan I know I said I was going to take you back to my dorm right after this but I forgot I had to return a book to the library."

"No no, you're fine, lets go." I said, getting up from my seat and linking arms with her.

+

The library was huge, and huge was an understatement. I look around in awe, I don't think I've seen so many books in the same place in my life.
She returns the books to the library lady and gives her a small smile.

"We can look around if you like."
I nod and proceed to browse the thousands of books. She went to the shelf directly behind mine and started grazing through the books, as did I. After a few minutes our hands accidentally touch. I look down to see her tongue stuck out at me. I laugh silently as she holds my hand through the space in the shelves. We continue to look through the books hand in hand, giggling silently to each other.

We reach the end of the shelf and I mouth 'I love you' to her. She gives me a cute smile and says it back.

+

After spending two hours in the library we finally decided to make our way to her dorm. We lay on the couch, the Breakfast Club playing in the background. I run my hand through her hair and play with it, loosing all my concentration on the film and focusing it on Aurora's beautiful midnight black hair.