23. A simple misunderstanding

Aurora's POV

"Kyle he-he dumped me I can't believe it." I sob. We were sat in my car, nothing but the street lights illuminating our surroundings. It started raining, and people were drunkenly walking out of the club, Dan was one of them. I eye him from my rear view mirror, he had one hand against the wall, supporting him. He was swaying side to side, he looked like a mess.

"Aurora we need to get him back to his dorm, we can't leave him hear." I hear Kyle say. I roll my eyes, turn the music up higher and keep eyeing him.

Kyle sighs and gets out of the car to get Dan. Dan continues to sway from side to side, with a toothy grin upon his face. I wiped the tear off of my face and straighten up. Kyle shoves Dan in the back seat, making him giggle uncontrollably. I turn around, our faces inches away from each other, shocking me a bit and making me stiffen up.

"Auroriee, I'm sorry please forgive me I'm silly-" he pouted. "If I kiss you will we be okay?"

I turn back around so I'm no longer facing Dan. "No Dan, we're over. You even said it yourself."

"O-oh did I? I-I didn't mean it I'm sorr-"

"STOP SAYING YOU'RE SORRY I GET IT, I FUCKING GET IT DAN." I snap.
"I am done with you. I am done spending all my time, energy and love on you. Someone who now, does not give a fuck about me."
He tried to reply but I cut him off saying, "you don't get a chance to speak, I'm talking now. You had your chance to talk, like all those texts you didn't respond to or all the un-returned calls. That was your time to talk. You treat me like shit, when all I wanted to know was if you were okay."

He jumps in his seat a little and taken back by how I snapped at him. We get him back to his dorm, well Kyle did, I just tagged along.
We put him to bed, where he passed out almost immediately.

"Night Aurorie, I'm sorry. I love you" he whispered, sleepily. I sigh, and secretly steal one of his jumpers as we walk out.

As we were walking down the hall Kyle offers me to stay one night because I've been drinking and I need it out of my system. I nod and we go to his dorm. I plan to leave early tomorrow seeing as I didn't want to cross paths with Dan anymore.

+

I wake up to hear people shouting and arguing. Maybe Kyle has the TV on...nope. I stand up and yawn, making my way to find where all this fuss is coming from-the kitchen.

Dan and Kyle. That is great. I came to Kyle's dorm to get away from him. His forehead pressed against the table whilst his arms covered his head.
He's got a massive hangover. I huff, thank god I drank water between my drinks, otherwise I would've ended up like him.

I pull Kyle by the collar down to my level and whisper-yell "what the fuck is he doing here?!"

He opens his mouth to speak but gets interrupted by Dan.
"Aurora, listen to me. You denied cheating on me and storm off on me. But you were there at the pub last night with Kyle and now you're here at his fucking dorm. I don't know what you expect me to believe, because it does feel like and look like you're cheating on me." He said sternly, his dull blue eyes piercing straight into my soul.

I grab the coffee I presume which is mine on the table and sip from it. I place my hands onto the counter and narrow my eyes back at him.

"I'm done with the crap and games. And letting myself go crazy over the fact that our friendship meant nothing. I'm finished trying. I am not apologizing because I have nothing to be sorry about. I thought you knew me Daniel, after all, we've been best friends since we were kids. I thought you knew me well enough to know I would never hurt you intentionally, but apparently I was wrong. So, have fun with the rest of your life. Hope you're happy now."

He sat there, baffled with his mouth agape.
I put my shoes on and slam the door. Leaving the two boys behind.

I'll see you in the future when we're older, cross my heart, hope to die, I'll see you with your laughter lines.

We knew the risks of this relationship, we took it, and unfortunately it sank. Two best friends are no more, two more hearts are broken.

Im sorry Daniel.

+

One year later.

It's been one year, I thought I'd be over him but I'm not. I stare at my phone and laptop all day, waiting and waiting for his name to pop up. It never does, but I do it anyway because it gives me hope.

I was getting drunk over him, how he hadn't talked to me in a year. But him and his pretty blue eyes, how they would sparkle in the light.

I miss him, and I wish I didn't say the things I did.
But I hate him, I hate how he accused me in doing such a thing. How he wouldn't let me explain it.

It's funny how a simple misunderstanding can make things. We were best friends and now, strangers. The hardest part though, has to be despite thinking about the good times we shared, we know that nothing will ever be the same again. And never will be.

But that's just how it goes. You're expected to carry on with your daily life like nothing ever happened and the person you knew never existed. 

[[ hey reader!

Ahhhh this book is nearly finished! No need to worry, a sequel will be released!

I know, I know, these past few chapters have been depressing and all, but I mean, I said that I there would be sad/depressing stuff late in the book right? ;) 

Haha, but I gotta have that good balance of fluff and depressing chapters.

But anyways, thank you for reading this book!

Please don't forget to vote and comment (comments are very needed because I have like 9 and I need feedback guys! FEEDBACK Y'ALL)

-Denise x ]]